The Campaign to Enhance Public Libraries
For more than 40 years, the South Central Library System (SCLS) and its member public libraries have worked together to create a great library community. Known for exceptional commitment to public library service, this relationship is a statewide model of effectiveness and efficiency.
We pride ourselves on the innovative services and programs offered, but keeping pace with our rapidly changing world requires additional funding not provided by the public sector. To address this financial reality, SCLS has established a 501(c)(3) foundation that serves the entire system.
Through The Campaign to Enhance Public Libraries, the SCLS Foundation will raise private funds that will, in turn, permit public libraries throughout our SCLS Community to expand their excellent services. Such partnerships are necessary for a great library-public dollars provide quality and private dollars determine the margin of excellence.
Funds raised will be used to enrich and extend public library service in areas like:
- Children's Services
- Collection Development
- Libraries of the Future
- Lifelong Learning
Examples of how your gift will help:
- children and adults learn to read and succeed,
- build community,
- encourage and support economic development, and
- secure the promise of public libraries for future generations.
- filling empty bookshelves;
- providing access to technology;
- expanding programs for communities; and
- enhancing services to children, teens, adults, and people with special needs.