The South Central Library System consists of 53 Member Public Libraries in 7 counties.
The communities served by SCLS member libraries are as varied as the patrons who use them, but public libraries have been consistently resourceful and innovative in meeting the expanding demand for information, education and recreation from this dynamic population.
Demographic forecasts point to continued growth for the SCLS area, which currently has a population of more than 813,000.
In 2012, our libraries provided their communities
- more than 6.8 million library visits.
- 12,138 children’s programs attended by more than 322,000 children.
- more than 13 million loans of library materials.
- more than 3 million library materials borrowed by patrons from libraries outside their communities.
- more than 1.6 million uses of public access computers.