The Cornerstone Award is given annually to an individual or individuals who have had a significant and long-term impact on enhancing public libraries in South Central Wisconsin and represent the values and mission of the South Central Library System Foundation.
The 2016 Cornerstone Award Reception will be held Thursday, Nov. 17, 2016, at the Cambridge Winery, 700 Kenseth Way, Cambridge, WI. The honorees for 2016 are Julie Chase, former director of the Dane County Library Service and Middleton Public Library, and Mary Lou Sharpee, a community activist who has been involved in literacy efforts in the Columbus area for more than 40 years.
Corporate sponsors for this year's Cornerstone Reception are:
- Delta Properties
- Hausmann Johnson Insurance
- Wegner CPAs
Also in 2016 we again present three special library awards: the "Super Awesome Library Award," the "Program Wizard Award," and the "Giddy Up Partner Award." Visit the award page for more information.
Past recipients include:
- 2015 -- Patricia Townsend (more information & event photos)
- 2014 -- Francis Cherney (more information & event photos)
- 2013 -- Kathryn & J. Robert Curtis and William Zimdars (more information & event photos)
- 2012 -- Barbara Dimick (more information & event photos)
- 2011 -- Craig & Lea Culver and Bob Blitzke (more information & event photos)
- 2010 -- Phyllis Davis and Bob Keen (more information & event photos)
- 2009 -- Peter & Ann Hamon (more information & event photos)
For more information, contact Martha Van Pelt, South Central Library System Director, (608) 246-7975.