The Cornerstone Award is given annually to an individual or individuals who have had a significant and long-term impact on enhancing public libraries in South Central Wisconsin and represent the values and mission of the South Central Library System Foundation.
The 2015 Cornerstone Award Reception was held hursday, Nov. 19, at 205 Vino, 205 De Witt Street, Portage, WI.
The honoree for 2015 is Pat Townsend, a former SCLS Board Trustee and Adams County Trustee.
Also in 2015 we again present three special library awards: the "Super Awesome Library Award," the "Program Wizard Award," and the "Giddy Up Partner Award." Visit the award page for more information.
The Cornerstone Award Reception has raised raised more than $72,000 for the foundation in six years. The 2054 event raised more than $12,000.
Corporate sponsorship of this year's Cornerstone Award Reception wais provided by First Business Bank and the Gordon Flesch Company Inc.
Past recipients include:
- 2015 -- Patricia Townsend (more information & event photos)
- 2014 -- Francis Cherney (more information & event photos)
- 2013 -- Kathryn & J. Robert Curtis and William Zimdars (more information & event photos)
- 2012 -- Barbara Dimick (more information & event photos)
- 2011 -- Craig & Lea Culver and Bob Blitzke (more information & event photos)
- 2010 -- Phyllis Davis and Bob Keen (more information & event photos)
- 2009 -- Peter & Ann Hamon (more information & event photos)
For more information, contact Martha Van Pelt, South Central Library System Director, (608) 246-7975.