Under SCLS printing guidelines, libraries will not be charged for standard promotional or instructional materials for LINKcat or Speak Up for Your Library materials. However, SCLS does reserve the right to limit the number of copies per request.
For other printing requests, SCLS will provide free printing for each member library, up to a specified annual total. Those totals are:
- $255 for libraries in communities under 900 population
- $285 for libraries in communities with populations from 901-3,000
- $335 for libraries in communities with populations from 3,001-10,000
- $540 for libraries in communities with populations from 10,001+
Printing costs and reimbursements for Madison Public Library and its branches are covered through other agreements, so Madison will not be subject to these specific annual totals.
SCLS will determine printing costs as follows:
- For printing done on SCLS copiers (typically smaller quantities), the cost per copy will be $0.07/side for color and $0.03/side for black and white (regardless of paper size). There is no price reduction for larger quantities.
- For print jobs outsourced either to Madison Public Library's print shop, or other sources like Badger State Industries or private printers, costs will be provided by the printing contractor. These options may give you a lower price per copy, but they also may require more lead time.
For printing done on SCLS copiers, there may be additional charges for finishing work like folding, cutting, stapling, or assembling into pads. These additional costs will depend on the particular job.
Summer Library Program Printing Details
SCLS will continue to print some Summer Library Program (SLP) materials at no cost for member libraries, but there are quantity limitations. Printing in excess of the quantities outlined below are charged against the library's annual total (above).
- Performer Fliers -- SCLS will design and print up to 150 standard format flyers per performer.
- Program Brochures -- SCLS will design and print up to 1,500 two-sided brochures. Quantities above the 1,500 will charged to the library's budget.
- Activity Sheets -- Libraries are charged for these, and there is a 1,000 copy maximum due to limited paper supplies and press time.
- Reading Logs & Bookmarks -- Libraries will be charged for these items.
Libraries can request printing quotes if desired.