SCLS Administrative Council

Draft Minutes

Thursday, August 16, 2018
SCLS Headquarters, Chester Room
10:00 a. m.

 

Action Items:  None

Present:
E. Foley (1), L. White (3),  L. Oathout (4), Jessica Bergin (5), R. Claringbole (7), W. Rawson (8), T. Herold (9-10), S. Lee (11-13),


(The number following each individual indicates the cluster they represent)


Excused
: C. Fesemyer (2), M. Navarre Saaf, M. Spelman (11-13), A. Barnett (6)
Recorder:  H. Moe

SCLS Staff Present: M. Van Pelt, C. Baumann, M. Ibach, H. Oliversen

 

Call to Order:  Vice Chair T. Herold called the meeting to order at 10:00a.m.  

a.   Introduction of guests/visitors: Jessica Bergin, new representative for Cluster 5.

 

b.   Changes/Addition to the Agenda: None

 

c.    Requests to address the Council – policy: None

 

Approval of previous meeting minutes:  R. Claringbole moved approval of the June 21st AC Minutes and the July 19th All Director Minutes. S. Lee seconded. Motion carried.

Action items:  None

Reports of action of committees/workgroups

a.                  Delivery Committee- C. Baumann - Met August 9th.  You may view the action items and details in the minutes of the last meeting online.  Topics discussed include the PLSR summit, ride- alongs, and holding the Delivery Committee meeting at different locations.  The UW System contract will be signed for 2019. 

b.                  ILS Committee – H. Oliversen – Met August 1st.  You may view the action items and details in the minutes of the last meeting online.     

c.         Technology Committee – Did not meet.  You may view the action items and details in the minutes of the last meeting online.  

d.         Consultants: You may view the report in the August AC documents online. 

e.         Library Innovation Subcommittee – M. Ibach noted discussion items included dealing with substance abuse in libraries and looking into programs and resources available, and discussed the possibility of showing “The Public” at a film screening.   Workforce development information and resources are posted on the web.  More members are needed on the Library Innovation Subcommittee.  If anyone would like to join, please let Mark Ibach know.  The subcommittee meets every other month and folks may participate via phone.  Project ideas for 2019 were discussed.  If anyone has ideas, please forward them to M. Ibach.  Some project ideas include digitization, translating materials, Transparency language database from WPLC, opioid training, and new maker kit ideas.  A reminder that the WI Libraries Transform Lives is available.  Please send any stories you may have and they will be posted to the website.

Items from clusters for initial discussion: 

 


Other discussion:

a.      2019 SCLS System Plan Ideas:  If anyone has any suggestions, please email M. Van Pelt within the next three weeks. 

b.      Flipster survey closes August 17

AC Cluster representative elections will take place in September for Adams, Green, Wood, and Dane West.

c.       What came out of the PLSR summit?  The outcome was that no one was happy with the green or gold model “as is” and more information is needed.  They are looking for a transformative combination of the green and gold model.  L. Oathout met with the PLSR Steering Committee folks and they were happy with the results they received for a general direction people were wanting.  Minutes are available on the PLSR website.  They are planning on getting the information to COLAND in September and then onto DPI.  Folks were happy with the delivery plan.               

 

Next meeting:  September 20th.  Agenda items to include 2019 SCLS system plan and budget.

Meeting adjourned at 11:00a.m.

H. Moe, recorder.

AC/minutes/8-16-2018

For more information about the Administrative Council, contact Martha Van Pelt.

SCLS staff is available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.