SCLS Administrative Council

Draft Minutes

Thursday, September 20, 2018
SCLS Headquarters, Chester Room
10:00 a. m.

 

Action Items: 

Approved the recommendation of the 2019 SCLS budget and budget notes to the SCLS Board of Trustees
Approved the 2019 SCLS System Plan to the SCLS Board of Trustees

Present:
C. Fesemyer (2) L. White (3),  Jessica Bergin (5), R. Claringbole (7), W. Rawson (8), T. Herold (9-10), M. Navarre Saaf, M. Gartler, M. Spelman (11-13),

(The number following each individual indicates the cluster they represent)


Excused
: E. Foley (1), S. Lee (11-13), L. Oathout (4), A. Barnett (6)
Recorder:  H. Moe

SCLS Staff Present: M. Van Pelt, C. Baumann, M. Ibach,

 

Call to Order:  Chair M. Navarre Saaf called the meeting to order at 10:00a.m.  

a.   Introduction of guests/visitors: None

 

b.   Changes/Addition to the Agenda: None

 

c.    Requests to address the Council – policy:  None

 

Approval of previous meeting minutes:  T. Herold moved approval of the August 16, 2018 minutes.  R. Claringbole seconded. Motion carried.

Action items: 

a.   Recommendation of 2019 SCLS Budget and 2019 Budget notes to SCLS Board of Trustees.  W. Rawson requested that staff names not be referenced in the budget notes.  They will be removed.   W. Rawson moved approval to recommend the 2019 SCLS Budget and 2019 Budget notes to the SCLS Board of Trustees.  R. Claringbole seconded.  Motion carried.

 

b.   Recommendation of 2019 SCLS System Plan to SCLS Board of Trustees.  M. Gartler moved approval to recommend the 2019 SCLS System Plan to the SCLS Board of Trustees.  L. White seconded.  Motion carried.

 

 

 

 

Reports of action of committees/workgroups

a.                  Delivery Committee- C. Baumann – Did not meet.  You may view the action items and details in the minutes of the last meeting online.  Due to the flooding in August, it was a challenge to get the vehicles where they needed to be.  Delivery was ready to assist with LAV and RKS to remove items.  RKS was able to remove all the items prior to the flooding but LAV lost much of their collection.  A 2018 volume report was provided for spring and summer with comparison to the previous year.  There has been a pattern of 1-2% decrease in volume, with a few exceptions.  Peak fuel prices are being seen at this point in comparison to 2014.  Corey attended the LSTA meeting.  LSTA is looking for three people to serve.  J. Bergin submitted her name as well as R. Claringbole.     

b.                  ILS Committee – Met August 1st.  You may view the action items and details in the minutes of the last meeting online.     

c.         Technology Committee – Did not meet.  You may view the action items and details in the minutes of the last meeting online.  

d.         Consultants: You may view the report in the September AC documents online.

e.         Library Innovation Subcommittee –Did Not Meet.

Items from clusters for initial discussion: 

C. Fesemyer gave a shout out to M. Ibach and J. Hoesly for their help with budget information presented to the Columbia County Supervisors Finance Committee.  The Finance Committee ended up approving an increase.


Other discussion:
  As a reminder, please nominate representatives from your clusters for the openings available in 2019.  The ballots will be available in October. 
M. Van Pelt provided a PLSR update.  In Mid-October, they will have the initial executive summary and draft report released as well as a webinar and survey.  In November, there will be an update to COLAND and SRLAAW.  In mid-December they will provide the final report to DPI.


Next meeting:
 


October 18 AC
November 15 All Directors in Sun Prairie

December 20 AC



Meeting adjourned at 10:40 a.m.

H. Moe, recorder.

AC/minutes/9-20-2018

For more information about the Administrative Council, contact Martha Van Pelt.

SCLS staff is available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.