SCLS Administrative Council

Draft Minutes

Thursday, January 17, 2019
SCLS Headquarters, Chester Room
10:00 a. m.

 

Action Items: 

Approved the 2019 Slate of Officers

Present: C. Fesemyer (2) A. Noel (3), L. Oathout (4), J. Bergin (5), A. Barnett (6), R. Claringbole (7), W. Rawson (8), T. Herold (9-10), M. Navarre Saaf, M. Gartler, S. Lee (11-13),

(The number following each individual indicates the cluster they represent)

 
Excused
:  E. Foley (1),

Recorder:  H. Moe

SCLS Staff Present: M. Van Pelt, C. Baumann, M. Ibach, V. Teal Lovely

Call to Order:  Chair M. Navarre Saaf called the meeting to order at 10:02 a.m.  

a.   Introduction of guests/visitors: None

b.   Changes/Addition to the Agenda: Happy Birthday to M. Navarre Saaf

c.    Requests to address the Council – policy:  None

 

Approval of previous meeting minutes: W. Rawson moved approval of the December 20, 2018 AC Minutes.  M. Gartler seconded. Motion carried.

Action items: 

a.   Vote for 2019 officers: 
2019 Slate of Officers:   Tracy Herold, DCL – Chair;  Jessica Bergin, BAR – Vice Chair

A. Noel moved approval of the 2019 slate of officers.  Motion seconded and carried.

T. Herold took over as Chair of the AC committee.

Reports of action of committees/workgroups

a.                  Delivery Committee- Met 12/13/18.  You may view the action items and details in the minutes of the last meeting online.  The next meeting will be held in February at the delivery facility.  Delivery will be looking to acquire some new bins and carts.  Corey will be sending the annual report folders to the libraries in delivery.  These need to go to the directors. 

b.                  ILS Committee – Met 12/5/18.  You may view the action items and details in the minutes of the last meeting online. 

c.         Technology Committee – Met 12/5/18.  You may view the action items and details in the minutes of the last meeting online.  

d.         Consultants: You may view the report in the January AC documents online. 

e.         Library Innovation Subcommittee:  Did not meet.

f.          Building Needs Assessment Work Group – M. Van Pelt noted the agenda and minutes of the first meeting have been posted.  The committee will meet the first Thursday of every month and this will be a two year project. 

g.         Cost Formula Work Group – V. Teal Lovely noted the work group will be focusing on network fees and a template for new libraries joining the system.

Items from clusters for initial discussion:  None


Other discussion:
  

a.      2020 Budget Timeline – M. Van Pelt

b.      Reminder to register to attend WLA Legislative Day, Tuesday February 12th.  

c.       Topics for AC to address this year. – If there is something that the AC should spend some time on, let M. Van Pelt know.

d.      2019 All Directors meetings:  March; May; July; November

                                                              i.      July ideas M. Navarre- Saaf:  MPL will be providing tours at the library, which will be divided into three categories: Programming, Operations, and Facilities.  The registration for the All Directors meeting will include an option for directors to pick which tour they would like to participate in.  All of the tours will include the Bubbler and there will be a surprise activity for folks as well as a possible scavenger hunt.

                                                             ii.      November CE suggestions – Marketing and publicity for libraries - information on how libraries can let patrons know what services they offer and the materials available.   T. Herold noted she attended a Media/PR campaign training and it was very helpful.  T. Herold will contact the presenter to determine if they would be available in November

e.      Annual Cluster Representative Training & Refresher:  M. Van Pelt reviewed the cluster representative job description and meeting protocols with an emphasis on CONSENSUS!

Next meeting:  


February 21, 2019



Meeting adjourned at 10:45a.m.

H. Moe, recorder.

AC/minutes/1-17-2019

For more information about the Administrative Council, contact Martha Van Pelt.

SCLS staff is available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.