SCLS Administrative Council Minutes
04/15/2019, 10:00 a.m.
SCLS Headquarters

Chester Room

 

Action Items:  None


Present:
E. Foley (1), C. Fesemyer, J. Assmus (2), A. Noel (3), J. Bergin (5), ), A. Barnett (6), R. Claringbole (7), W. Rawson (8), M. Navarre Saaf, S. Lee, M. Gartler (11-13),

(The number following each individual indicates the cluster they represent)

 
Excused
:  T. Herold (9-10), L. Oathout (4)

Recorder:  H. Moe

SCLS Staff Present: M. Van Pelt, M. Ibach, D. Jacobson

1.      Call to Order:  Vice Chair J. Bergin, called the meeting to order at 10:0 a.m.  

a.   Introduction of guests/visitors:

                                                              i.      Jenna Assmus, Rio, was in attendance.  She will be replacing C. Fesemyer on the AC.

b.   Changes/Addition to the Agenda: None

c.       Requests to address the Council – policy:  

                                                              i.      M. Van Pelt explained that C. Baumann, V. Teal Lovely and L. Oathout were all attending the LSTA meeting in STP.

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: 2/21/2019 AC; 3/21/2019 All Directors

a.      Changes or Corrections:  None

b.      Approved by motion:  C. Fesemyer moved approval.  M. Gartler seconded. 

3.      Action items:  None

4.      Reports of action of committees/workgroups

a.                  Delivery Committee- Met 4/11/19.  You may view the action items and details in the minutes of the last meeting online.  M. Van Pelt noted she and C. Baumann attended a meeting in Wausau with the system directors of Northern Waters, WI Valley, IFLAS and the director of Marathon County Public Library.  C. Baumann presented a Power Point program of services and route scenarios.  All participants agreed to move forward on the proposal.  The next delivery committee meeting will be at WI Rapids and there will be ride sharing available to those attending.

b.                  ILS Committee – Met 4/3/19.  You may view the action items and details in the minutes of the last meeting online.  M. Navarre Saaf noted the action items and details of the meeting. 

c.                   Technology Committee – Met 4/3/19.  You may view the action items and details in the minutes of the last meeting online.  D. Jacobson noted the Tech Committee determined the Windows 10 patron desktop layout and Windows 10 patron start menu.   D. Jacobson discussed the statewide Technology Collaboration and shared purchasing from Dell. 

d.                  Consultants: You may view the report in the AC documents online.    

e.         Library Innovation Subcommittee:  Discussed the substance abuse CE and the survey that followed as well as the digital history/memory project.  M. Jochem discussed the LAWDS grant and provided a survey to member libraries after concerns were voiced at the All Directors meeting.  April 28th is the deadline to respond to the survey. 

f.          Building Needs Assessment Work Group: M. Van Pelt noted the work group took the list of needs and created four groups that include location, structural, interior/exterior design and financial/operational.  C.  Baumann provided information on another possible location at the intersection of Hwy 151 and 30.

g.         Cost Formula Work Group – Met 4/16/19.  S. Lee noted the work group decided to keep the original formula.  For libraries on E-rate, the invoices will itemize the tech fees to reflect actual costs. See the minutes and worksheet online that includes all the information. 

5. Items from clusters for initial discussion:  C. Fesemyer noted Columbus should be fine free in the next month.

6. Discussion:   

a.                  Reviewed 2 Resource Library contracts – take recommendation to May All Directors; AC votes in June along with SCLS Board on final contracts approval.  There were minor changes made to the Supplementary contract.

S. Lee discussed the SCID report.  It is proposed to dedicate $6,000 of SCID funds to Advantage in 2020.  The $2,091 amount from SCID for Overdrive will be eliminated and members will pay the full amount of the Overdrive fees in 2020.  See the spreadsheet titled “Overdrive Revised 2020 minus SCID Comparison” in the attached documents online for the new total cost proposed for each library.   At this time, there is no planned increase in OverDrive fees from WPLC for 2020.

 

b.         Review Technology Services agreement – take recommendation to May All Directors; AC votes in June along with SCLS Board on final agreement approval.  There were no changes proposed to the Technology Services Agreement.

 

7. Next meeting:   05/16/2019 All Directors meeting in Brodhead

 

8. Adjournment: 11:05 a.m.

 

For more information about the Administrative Council, contact Martha Van Pelt.

SCLS staff is available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.
 

AC/minutes/4-18-2019