SCLS Administrative Council Minutes
1/16/2020, 10:00 a.m.
SCLS Headquarters

Chester Room

 

Action Items: 

Approved 2020 Officers:  E. Foley, Chair; J. Bergin, V. Chair

Present: E. Foley (1), L. Ganz (2), A. Noel (3), N. Ozanich (4), A. Barnett (6), S. Hetzler (7), W. Rawson (8), T. Herold (9-10), M. Navarre Saaf, M. Gartlerl (11-13) (The number following each individual indicates the cluster they represent)

Absent:  J. Bergin (5)
Excused
:  M. Van Pelt

Recorder:  H. Moe

SCLS Staff Present: M. Ibach, C. Baumann, K. Goeden

1.      Call to Order:  Chair T. Herold, called the meeting to order at 10:03 a.m.  

a.   Introduction of guests/visitors: None

b.   Changes/Addition to the Agenda: None

c.    Requests to address the Council: None

 

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: 12-19-19 AC Minutes

a.   Changes or Corrections:  None

b.   Approved by motion:  W. Rawson moved approval. M. Navarre Saaf seconded. Motion carried.

3.      Action items: 

a.      Approve 2020 Officers:  E. Foley, Chair; J. Bergin, V. Chair
i.  Motion:  S. Hetlzer moved approval of the 2020 officers.  W. Rawson seconded.
ii. Discussion:  None   
iii. Vote:  Motion carried. 

4.      Reports of action of committees/workgroups

a.      Delivery Committee- Met 12/12/19.  You may view the action items and details in the minutes of the last meeting online.   C. Baumann discussed the effects of the reduction of red bins due to the migration and the holidays.  Upon request from Corey, the response from the libraries was great and items were returned quickly.  The MLK holiday will affect delivery with limited service with limited staff.  Some routes will be cancelled and others will occur once a day instead of twice.  Also discussed was the delivery weather procedures and contingencies.  Libraries are encouraged to keep entry ways clear of snow and ice for the delivery drivers.    

b.            ILS Committee – Met 12/2/19.  You may view the action items and details in the minutes of the last meeting online. 

c.       Technology Committee – Met 12/5/2019.  You may view the action items and details in the minutes of the last meeting online.  

d.            Consultants: You may view the report in the AC documents online. 

e.            Library Innovation Subcommittee:  Did not meet.  Will meet in February.  You may view the action items and details in the minutes of the last meeting online.   

f.              Building Needs Assessment Work Group:  K. Goeden noted the committee interviewed two more design builders.  The consensus is to work with a design build firm.  Five design build firms have been selected and a request for follow up information has been sent to them so we have comparative information to assist with a final decision.  The next meeting will be February 6th. 

5. Items from clusters for initial discussion: 

6. Discussion:  
            a. Reminder to register to attend February WLA Legislative Day
            b. Topics for AC to address this year:  Will put on next agenda.
            c. 2020 All Directors Meetings:  March- Deforest; May- Prairie du Sac; July- Rome; November- Portage

i.  July afternoon ideas:  E. Foley will follow up with R. Daley, Director of the Rome Library for any ideas she may have.
ii. November CE suggestions:  It was suggested that a presentation be provided on “Hiring and recruiting for diversity”

d. Bibliovation:  Some of the primary issues that were discussed include the following: 

 Holds are not working and taking too much time for staff.
Holds pick up authorization is not working
Response time issues. 
A suspended hold spontaneously appeared.
Is PTFS addressing the data capacity and limitations we are experiencing?
If a patron has a lot of items checked out, it takes a long time to check a new item out.
There have been complaints from patrons about the mobile app.  MPL staff are redirecting patrons to LINKcat.
The status wiki updates of known problems and solutions are posted. 
What is everyone hearing about the discovery layer from patrons?  There are questions about where things have gone and why things have changed. 
The Circulation Services Subcommittee will resume meeting monthly to determine top priorities.

e. Annual Cluster Representative Training & Refresher:  Will do in February.

f. 2021 Budget Timeline Sheet :  Looks fine to everyone.

7. Meeting evaluation and Summary: 

8. Next meeting:   February 20, 2020

 

9. Adjournment: 10:55 a.m.

 

For more information about the Administrative Council, contact Martha Van Pelt.

SCLS staff is available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.
 

AC/minutes/1-16-2020