Building Needs Assessment Work Group Minutes

June 4, 2020 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.

Virtual Meeting Via BlueJeans



Corey Baumann          SCLS Delivery Services Coordinator

Nan Brien                    SCLS Board Trustee - absent

Kerrie Goeden             SCLS HR & Finance Coordinator

Mark Ibach                  SCLS Consulting Services Coordinator

Jesse Stewart              SCLS Fleet Manager – left early

Vicki Teal                     SCLS Technology Services Coordinator - late                        

Kristi Williams             SCLS Board Trustee

Martha Van Pelt         SCLS Director

Call to Order: K. Goeden called the meeting to order at 10:07 am


Approval of previous meeting minutes:  May 7, 2020

a.     Motion by  M. Ibach to accept the minutes

b.     Second by  K. Williams

c.      Approved



·       None



·       Review and finalize the list of reference questions

o   Prioritize questions

o   Lessen number of questions

o   List of questions revised to 11


Homework for Next Meeting: 

·       Kristi and Nan call all references for Keller, Vogel, Tri-North and Sullivan and report back at the July BNAW meeting.

·       K. Goeden will send email to SCLS staff asking for any experience working with the short listed vendors.  C. Baumann will make sure staff not on the SCLS-All email list at Delivery get email.  Appropriate supervisor will follow up with staff member with questions.

o   Questions asked to staff will be:

§  What was your involvement with the project?

§  Describe your experience working with the vendor?

·       The email will be also sent to SCLS directors via M. Van Pelt.  Give deadline in emails for information.

o   Directors will be asked official reference questions.

·       K. Goeden will send list of vendor references and questions to N. Brien and K. Williams

·       Work Group members will search for non-vendor submitted reference people to interview

·       Revisit timeline and adjust if needed



Feb – April evaluation of RFIs & information from original presentations.

May - The Evaluation Matrix and ratings will be discussed at the May BNAW meeting.  The workgroup will narrow the field to 3 vendors by the end of the May meeting.

June – Kristi and Nan will bring vendor reference questions to meeting.  After review by work group, they will begin making reference calls to vendor finalists.

Site visits will begin.

July Site visits

August Decide on vendor


Next Meeting Date:  ** Date Change to:  7/9/20 at 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.


Adjournment  11:48 am


Parking Lot: 

            Need to create:

·       Location report

·       Detailed design report

·       Mark and Vicki will look into items listed under Other “Master Building Profile by Zones”

For safety concerns and needed protections. Do we have Material Safety Sheets on these products which include necessary protections and toxicity information?

·       SUN Expansion

·       Collaborative projects – continue to consider options

·       Consider COVID-19 ramifications on the project