Building Needs Assessment Work Group Minutes
July 9, 2020 10:00 a.m.
Corey Baumann SCLS Delivery Services Coordinator
Nan Brien SCLS Board Trustee
Kerrie Goeden SCLS HR & Finance Coordinator
Mark Ibach SCLS Consulting Services Coordinator
Jesse Stewart SCLS Fleet Manager
Vicki Teal SCLS Technology Services Coordinator
Kristi Williams SCLS Board Trustee
Martha Van Pelt SCLS Director
10:04: Call to Order
Approval of previous meeting minutes: June 4, 2020
a. Motion by M. Van Pelt to approve the minutes
b. Second by K. Williams
Reports & Discussion:
· K. Williams and N. Brien reported out on builder references.
o N. Brien – Tri-North and Keller. Tri - North all walk on water according to their references. Keller’s references loved them too.
o Tri-North – in Fitchburg, big fish in a small pond
o Could only get 2 references, could not reach George at the grocery store site as he was too busy with COVID
o Keller doing lots of work in Door County
o K. Williams – Vogel and Sullivan All references were glowing. Big project experience, Keller worked more with smaller projects and outside of Madison (no experience with their regulations). Keller does have projects in Dane County, such as WI Surplus Auction Facility.
· M. Van Pelt reported on FCH Library
· V. Teal Lovely reported on WISCNet building
· C. Baumann reported on 2 staff members who have worked with the local builders
o Experience with 3 builders, all professional, especially Sullivan. No knowledge of Keller
Discussion among work group members of the information gathered over the last year.
Set up site visits of buildings similar to our project. Everyone will attend but N. Brien will not go but we will Face Time with her.
Homework for Next Meeting:
· K. Goeden will get another reference from Tri-North
· Pick one site for each builder
o Keller – WI Surplus Auction Facility – Mt. Horeb
o Vogel – Hooper – Madison; Sun Prairie West Community Services
o Sullivan – Lakeside International Trucking – Madison; Pepsi – Windsor
o Tri-North – Pike Technologies – FCH Cottonwood Drive
· K. Goeden will contact the four sites to arrange visits.
· H. Moe will send scheduling survey to gather everyone’s availability next month for visits.
· N. Brien will get another reference for Tri North
· K. Williams will visit WAU
· Goal is to conduct site visits before August meeting.
Updates: Shopko site is still available. Vogel/OPN did a mockup which K. Goeden is holding out of fairness to the other builders.
Next Meeting Date: 8/6/20 at 10:00 a.m.
Adjournment: 12:19 pm
Need to create:
· Location report
· Detailed design report
· Mark and Vicki will look into items listed under Other “Master Building Profile by Zones”
For safety concerns and needed protections. Do we have Material Safety Sheets on these products which include necessary protections and toxicity information?
· SUN Expansion
· Collaborative projects – continue to consider options
· Consider COVID-19 ramifications on the project