Building Needs Assessment Work Group/Minutes
3/7/2019, 10:00 a.m.
Corey Baumann SCLS Delivery Services Coordinator
Kerrie Goeden SCLS HR & Finance Coordinator
Mark Ibach SCLS Consulting Services Coordinator
Jesse Stewart SCLS Fleet Manager
Vicki Teal SCLS Technology Services Coordinator
Martha Van Pelt SCLS Director
Nan Brien SCLS Board Trustee excused
Kristie Williams SCLS Board Trustee excused
Recorder: Martha Van Pelt
Call to Order: 10:05
Approval of Minutes: Approved by consensus
BNAW agreed to keep the meetings about an hour in length with light homework since we have 2 years together to gather information.
J. Hoesly put together a map of staff residences overlaid with bus routes
Delivery routes & times were submitted based on new locations of Delivery building
Farther west is harder for Delivery
SE is good location
East Towne is good location
Airport is good location
Possibility of Route 30 and 51 (not listed as mapped)
Others locations listed not so good for delivery
MUFN map was shared. Follows 151 as far North as SCLS currently, Monona Drive
New datacenter could possibly be in 222 Building downtown; which means SCLS may not have to be on MUFN or have space for all routers and servers in-house.
Reviewed MUFN map, Delivery feedback on new building location, data map of where employees live, and bus routes.
Homework for Next Meeting:
1. Select next topic from Combined Department List of Building Needs-Wants document to gather information
a. Cell coverage for all carriers map from V. Teal and techs
2. C. Baumann will give list of member libraries delivery locations to Jody to map.
3. C. Baumann will give list of all delivery stops to J. Hoesly to map
4. V. Teal will meet with Tech staff about new data center location and if SCLS is required to be on MUFN
5. C. Baumann will map information for new location site of Route 30 and 51
6. K. Goeden will organize the list of building needs in more categories: location, structural, interior design, financial/operational.
Next Meeting Date: 4/4/2019 (review reports and more location discussions)
M. Van Pelt will lead and V. Teal will take notes
For more information about the Building Needs Assessment Work Group, contact Kerrie Goeden,
SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.