Building Needs Assessment Work Group Minutes

September 5, 2019, 10:00 a.m.

SCLS Headquarters

Badger Room


Call to Order: 10:00 by Chair Goeden


Approval of previous meeting minutes:  August 1, 2019


Action items: Do reports and discussion first, then address action items

Review consolidated prep space needs for each department and add this to the MSR -done


Calculate sf of storage space needs for all items on the Combined List of Storage Space Needs and add this to the MSR - done



Meeting with City Planner - MVP

Marty presented the written report and a discussion of what to do with the information and contacts from local developers followed.


Marty will be the point person of contact from developers.  She will maintain a list of contacts and developers in the shared drive and create statement to share with all comers


Staff feedback from 8/12 MMM on break room, bathrooms, personal refrigeration, lobby – KG

Added to MSR.



1)      Review janitorial/maintenance closet spaces and kitchen supply space needed

Mark I. did and added to MSR


2)      Review space needed for 2 hallway closets

Vicki did and added to MSR

Create one larger, shared closet space for ILS, consultants, delivery, decorations etc.

For items not used on a daily basis


3)      Review space needed for financial and personnel records storage

Personnel files are to be locked and kept near the HR & Office Managers’ offices in a separate closet/room.  KG added to the MSR.  These materials are used on a daily basis.


4)      Review space needed for system director records storage

Added to MSR.  Larger credenza in director’s office.


5)      Professional collection – 135 sf now. Allow use by visitors  in MSR


6)      Digitization space - use one of the office spaces 12x12 Mark I.


Homework for Next Meeting: 

KG will start research into financial options


Marty has contacted DPI for legal advice on statutes regarding system building a new facility and will report out.


Marty will compile a report on developers and their information


Jesse & Corey need to put all the delivery space requirements on MSR


Mark I. will tally square footage


Vicki will clean up MSR document


Next Meeting Date:  9/26/2019         1:30 meeting CHANGE from posted.

Dedicate meeting to MSR clean up

Review Combined List of Building Needs to assess if all space needs have been addressed on the MSR

Identify and assign square footage for all spaces


Adjournment: 11:30



Corey Baumann          SCLS Delivery Services Coordinator

Nan Brien                    SCLS Board Trustee - late

Kerrie Goeden             SCLS HR & Finance Coordinator

Mark Ibach                  SCLS Consulting Services Coordinator

Jesse Stewart              SCLS Fleet Manager

Vicki Teal                     SCLS Technology Services Coordinator                                  

Kristi Williams             SCLS Board Trustee - absent

Martha Van Pelt          SCLS Director