Circulation Services Subcommittee Minutes

January 14, 2019, 9:30 am

SCLS Headquarters
Chester Room

 

Present: Zach Ott (BAR), Steev Baker (SUN), Jeff Kauffeld (MAD), Margie Navarre-Saaf (MAD), Emily Harkins (WAU), Kelly Heasty (MCF), Erica Kersten (PIN), Eddie Glade (STP), Barbara Henderson (MID), Jo Clark (REE), Autumn Baumann (POR)

Excused: Ronda Evenson (VER), Sarah Bukrey (STO)

Absent: None

SCLS Staff: Cindy Weber, Heidi Oliversen

Recorder: Michelle Karls (SCLS)

 

1.      Call to Order

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors

                                                              i.      None.

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda

                                                              i.      H. Oliversen added Receipts as Discussion Item b to the agenda.

c.       Requests to address the Committee

                                                              i.      None.

 

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: November 12, 2019

a.      Motion: The minutes were approved via consensus.

b.      Discussion: none.

c.       Vote: motion carried.

 

3.      Action Items

a.      None.

 

4.      Discussion

a.      Bibliovation Update.

                                                              i.      Discussion: V. Teal Lovely sent out a Bibliovation - one month status email last week.  H. Oliversen reviewed the current, critical issues for Circulation, which are listed on the ILS news page.  Two fixes were applied directly to Productions, overdue fines not being assessed when Lost items checked in and the Refund option missing from the pop-up box when a Lost item was checked in, but requested that library staff still test these in the sandbox.  If you are still seeing this in production, please record the item number, patron information, and report it in a Help Desk ticket.  H. Oliversen has fixed all the circulation issuing rule errors that she made pre-migration and is trying to carve out time to finish updating the other sections of the manual.  She sent out a Request to Test to link-circ but the passwords were changed right before Go Live so anyone able to test should call in or wait for the memos that Michele will send out (in Delivery) today with the changed sandbox password.  LibLime has not yet completely fixed the problem with the system ignoring the Unique holidays in each library’s calendar. The hold expiration date displays correctly (taking the Unique holiday into account) on the Hold Found slip, In the Holds Waiting message on the checkout screen and in the patron and BIB list of Holds.  The date displays incorrectly on the Holds Awaiting Pickup report. Cindy reported that in a meeting with LibLime staff, they mentioned that this date is no longer a “field” in a table but is calculated “on the fly”.  We are hoping they just need to make a modest adjustment to the calculation on the report.  PIN reports that they are still able to extend the number of days of a hold on the holds shelf by checking it in again before it expires.  This needs to be confirmed in testing before being (re-)added to the Circ Manual.  Checkin still does not clear cancelled holds from the report and a fix for this was not included in the current fix release.  The plan is to do testing this week and get an idea by Friday of what is and is not working.  We are hoping LibLime will put the fixes into sandbox on Tuesday or late next week.  The Notes field, entered when placing a Hold, is populated when looking at the list of holds from the patron’s list of On Hold from the Details screen but not from the Check Out screen.  H. Oliversen will submit a ticket about this to LibLime.  E. Harkins will test to see if the Holds Authorization Pickup report is following the hold expiration date when checked in.  She will also test checking in an item from the hold shelf, cancelling a hold, and checking in an expired hold from the hold shelf.  The next set of critical fixes will include holds pickup authorization, changing the priority of an item in transit or on the hold shelf, and the holds sequence.  If an item is in transit to your library, cancelling the hold will cause it to be trapped for next patron instantly and the next patron will get a holds notification email, text, or phone message saying that it’s ready for pickup. (Staff need to provide the workflow so Heidi can replicate and report).  There are more outstanding issues that are not considered critical.  We are focusing on the critical fixes first.  PIN asked if we have LibLime put someone on the “small” fixes?  We can float this idea but ultimately LibLime would decide this.  The group thought that fixing the little things would help with staff morale.  M. Navarre Saaf suggested that after the second round of critical fixes, perhaps this group could work on prioritizing the rest of the Circulation fixes.  We have not decided when we will go to voting on development priorities.  These ideas will be discussed and reviewed with V. Teal Lovely first. 

b.      Receipt templates

                                                              i.      Discussion:  There was a moratorium on libraries making changes to their receipts templates because there was no documentation.  H. Oliversen showed what the current receipt template looks like.  We had to make LibLime carve out permission for the circulation slips from the rest of the circulation borrowing (notices).  We have put in the default slips for now.  LibLime used a subset of a coding language that we weren’t familiar with.  There is information in the LL manual that libraries can use, however, not all of the fields work.  H. Oliversen will finish the draft of the instructions and send it out to libraries to play with in the sandbox.  She will add the permissions to the staff logins with the CIRC3 permissions in the sandbox. Libraries were supposed to make copies of their KOHA receipts before the migration to use to recreate their receipts in Bibliovation sandbox.  We will need to decide which staff login these permissions should be added to in Production.

c.       Meeting every month.

                                                              i.      Discussion: The group felt it would be beneficial to meet every month post migration.  The group will continue to meet on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 9:30 am in March, May, July, September and November.  They will also now start meeting on the 2nd Tuesday at 1 pm in February, April, June, August, October and December.  M. Karls will check on the availability of the rooms at SCA and send out an email to the list with the additional dates for final approval by the subcommittee.

                           

5.      Plan for Next meeting:  February 11, 2020 at SCLS Headquarters from 1 – 2:30 pm

6.      Adjournment at 11:38 am.

 

For more information about the Circulation Services Subcommittee, contact Heidi Oliversen.

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.

Circulation Services Subcommittee/Minutes/01-2020