Circulation Services Subcommittee Minutes

January 11, 2022

Phone/video conference

 

Action Items:
None

Present: Zach Ott (BAR), Steev Baker (SUN), Jeff Kauffeld (MAD), Ronda Evenson (VER), Margie Navarre-Saaf (MAD), Emily Harkins (WAU), Kelly Heasty (MCF), Erica Kersten (PIN), Eddie Glade (STP), Barbara Henderson (MID), Jo Clark (REE), Autumn Baumann (POR), Tanya Bolchen (FCH), Emily Noffke (MTH), Robin Behringer (STO)
Absent: None
Excused: None
Recorder: Michelle Karls (SCLS)
SCLS Staff Present: Heidi Oliversen, Cindy Weber

 

1.      Call to Order at 9:32 am.

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors

                                                              i.      None.

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda

                                                              i.      None.

c.       Requests to address the Committee

                                                              i.      None.

 

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: November 9, 2021

a.      Motion: The November meeting minutes were approved via consensus.

b.      Discussion: none.

c.       Vote: motion passed.

 

3.      Action Items

a.      None.

 

4.      Discussion

a.      Review and rank Bug Fixes and Enhancements: review prioritizations from Circulation User Group.

                                                              i.      Discussion:† H. Oliversen sent out the spreadsheet of the bug fixes and enhancements to the subcommittee members the week before the meeting.† The Circulation User Group that met on 12/16/2021 reviewed the bug fixes and enhancements and assigned the first round of priorities.† CSS will review bug fixes, assign priorities of high, medium or low and assign a numerical rank within these priorities to indicate higher preference.† CSS will review list of enhancements and assign a numerical rank to the entries. The top 15 priorities for bug fixes will be added to the bug fixes survey and the top 5 priorities for enhancements will be added to the enhancements/development survey going out to the directors on January 19th. Survey results will be reviewed and discussed at the Feb. 2 ILS Committee meeting. ††E. Kersten asked if we can remove the items that are in-progress (reported as fixed in version 7.2).† H. Oliversen thinks we should continue to mark them as high and rank as number 1.† The group agreed that the in-progress fixes donít need to be ranked.† The 7.00.15b point release came out today and so far itís going well.† The group assigned level priorities to the bug fixes (high, med, low) and then numerical ranking within those levels and assigned numerical ranking to all of the enhancements in the list. We will post the spreadsheet to the CSS webpage and members asked for the copy to be emailed to them.

b.      Meeting format for 2022: virtual, in-person or hybrid.

                                                              i.      Discussion: Mar, May, Jul meetings will be virtual.† July agenda will include discussion on how to meet for the rest of the year.†

5.      Plan for Next meeting:† March 8, 2022 via phone/video conference

a.      Manual section: Claims returned policy and workflow

b.      Workflow for Lost Item checked in (staff required to check if patron has paid for item or not)

c.       Section 8: Problem Items Statuses and Workflows

d.      Personal details page in Discovery Layer, review quotes from LibLime quote, see if we can add a few minor things; patron expiration dates display, do library staff want to edit/email their own email addresses Ė require for patron edit history.†

 

6.      Adjournment at 11:15 am.

 

 

For more information about the Circulation Services Subcommittee, contact Heidi Oliversen.

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.

 

Circulation Services Subcommittee/Minutes/01-2022