Collection Maintenance Subcommittee Minutes

March 14, 2018 9:30 am

SCLS Headquarters

 

Present: Linda Stuckey (MCF), Molly Warren (MAD), Kate Odahowski (MAD), Sarah Hartman (MID), Theresa Skov (VER), Debbie Bird (SUN), Kayla Linke (SCLS), Amy Gannaway (SCLS)

Absent: Tina Marie Maes (MAD), Laura Schmiedicke (MRO), Alison Wirth (STP)

Recorder: Michelle Karls (SCLS)

Meeting Documents: http://www.scls.info/committees/collection-maintenance-subcommittee/2018-03-14

1.       Call to order at 9:37 am.

a.       Introduction of guests/visitors: None.

b.      Changes/additions to the agenda: GoChip Beam and Collection HQ.

2.       Approval of previous meeting minutes: January 10, 2018. The minutes were approved via consensus.

3.       Discussion/Action items (90 min.)

a.       Update: Sound Recording Linking Manual revisions

                                                              i.      Posted 2/20/18

b.      Update: Books Linking Manual revisions

                                                              i.      Action: Amy is working on posting the revisions.

c.       Update: New collection codes: VGA, VGJ, VGY

                                                              i.      Approved by ILS Committee 3/7/18

                                                            ii.      Action: Amy will add these codes to Koha and announce them.

d.      Update: Barcode Placement Policy suggested change

                                                              i.      Approved by ILS committee 3/7/18

                                                            ii.      Action: This policy will be updated and announced.

e.      Request to add collection codes (MAD)

                                                              i.      PBJFIBI (PICTURE BOOKS JU FIC BILINGUAL)

                                                            ii.      PBJNFBI (PICTURE BOOKS JU NFIC BILINGUAL)

                                                          iii.      PBJBBBI (PICTURE BOOKS JU BOARD BOOKS BILINGUAL)

                                                           iv.      Discussion: MAD had several collection codes added for juvenile bilingual books a few months ago. MAD would like to add codes for bilingual picture books and board books. We currently only have one collection code for board books.

                                                             v.      Motion: L. Stuckey moves to create three collection codes: PBJFIBI, PBJNFBI, and PBJBBBI. T. Skov seconded. Vote: motion carried.

                                                           vi.      Action: This will go to the ILS Committee in April.

f.        Review meetings page for CMC

                                                              i.      Discussion: Amy reviewed the meeting pages on the SCLS web site.

g.       Spring User Groups for Linking and Serials

                                                              i.      Discussion: In the past few years, ILS staff has held module User Groups in the spring and fall. Last fall, they were put on hold due to the ILS Evaluation. We are thinking of holding a Linking User Group and Serials User Group in May at SCLS. We will also be scheduling training for the fall. There are no plans for an Acquisitions User Group at this time.

h.      GoChip Beam

                                                              i.      Discussion: VER has started circulating the GoChip Beams and is promoting them. MAD has ordered some GoChip Beams. Between the two libraries, they may reach the 50 item threshold for new formats, which means that we may want to discuss cataloging the GoChip Beams in the future.

i.        Collection HQ

                                                              i.      Discussion: MAD has discontinued its Collection HQ subscription. They are working with Jody at SCLS to replicate some of its reports in Tableau. MID currently uses Collection HQ.

4.       Next meeting at SCLS Headquarters May 9, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.