Collection Maintenance Subcommittee Minutes

January 13, 2021, 9:30 am

Phone/video conference

Action Items:

The CMS recommends discontinuing the Serials BSE (Bibliographic Short Entry) Policy and update the Linking and Serials manuals accordingly.

 

Present: Jennifer Hepler (POR), Kate Odahowski (MAD), Molly Warren (MAD), Tina Marie Maes (MAD), Sarah Hartman (MID), Laura Schmiedicke (MRO), Amy Lawrence (MCF), Theresa Skov (VER), Alison Wirth (STP), LuAnn Kranz (DFT), Celine Metzig (WAU)

Absent: Carol Kaufman (SUN), Sarah Bukrey (STO)

Excused: None

Recorder: Michelle Karls (SCLS)

SCLS Staff Present: Amy Gannaway, Kayla Linke

 

 

1.      Call to Order at 9:33 am.

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors

                                                              i.      Jennifer Hepler (POR) is replacing Debbie Bird (POR) on this committee.†

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda

                                                              i.      None.

c.       Requests to address the Committee

                                                              i.      None.

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: November 11, 2020

a.      Motion: T. Maes moved to approve the November 11 meeting minutes.† L. Kranz seconded.

b.      Discussion: none.

c.       Vote: motion carried.

3.      Action Items

a.      Discontinue Serials BSE (Bibliographic Short Entry) Policy

                                                              i.      Motion: C. Metzig moved to approve discontinuing the Serials BSE Policy.† M. Warren seconded.

                                                             ii.      Discussion: We have discussed this at a previous meeting.† K. Linke has been working on the Linking manual and noticed that we donít use Serials BSEs anymore (They were previously used when annuals were cataloged as Serials).† We would like to discontinue this policy.†††

                                                           iii.      Vote: motion carried.

4.      Discussion

a.      Updates from previous meetings

                                                              i.      DVD packaging workgroup: review changes to Videorecordings Searching and Matching Policy: Multi-part items, Television Series and mini-series

1.      Discussion: A. Gannaway mentioned this at the previous meeting.† The IC will be creating a workgroup it will be made up of people from both Circulation and Technical services staff who will review the pros and cons of this proposal and make a recommendation to the IC.† Any changes made would not apply to previously cataloged/packaged materials.† Please let A. Gannaway know if youíd like to join by January 26.† MAD representatives Tom Campbell and Kathy Wolkoff would like to be on this group.† It will be made official at the next IC Meeting.† ††

b.      Update on Spanish language subject headings

                                                              i.      Discussion: T. Maes and K. Linke are planning to get the subject heading "Materiales en español" on all Spanish records as part of the bib base this year.

c.       Bibliovation questions and/or discussion

                                                              i.      Discussion: We had our upgrade in December and then a small one Monday night, which had a few circulation fixes.† LibLime is now working on another upgrade but we donít have a timeline for that yet.† It will be a larger upgrade so it will take some time to complete testing.† M. Warren asked about the GetIt rollovers and if other libraries experienced problems.† Other libraries didnít have the same problems as MAD because their volume is lower.† A. Gannaway will discuss this with LibLime about a fix or possibly doing MADís rollover during off hours this year.†††

5.      Plan for Next meeting:† March 10, 2021 at 9:30 am

6.      Adjournment at 9:58 am

 

 

For more information about the Collection Maintenance Subcommittee, contact Amy Gannaway.

 

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.

 

Collection Maintenance Subcommittee/Minutes/01-2021