Collection Maintenance Subcommittee Minutes

March 9, 2022 at 9:30 am

Phone/video conference


Action Items:

Present: Jennifer Hepler (POR), Kate Odahowski (MAD), Molly Warren (MAD), Tina Marie Maes (MAD), Sarah Hartman (MID), Laura Schmiedicke (MRO), Amy Lawrence (MCF), Theresa Skov (VER), Alison Wirth (STP), Sarah Bukrey (STO), Kate Hull (SUN), Nancy Kessenich (WAU), Kathy Baker (MFD)
LuAnn Kranz (DFT)
Michelle Karls (SCLS)
SCLS Staff Present:
Amy Gannaway, Kayla Linke


1.      Call to Order at 9:30 am

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors.  None.

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda.  None.

c.       Requests to address the Subcommittee.  None.

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: January 12, 2022

a.      Motion: K. Baker moved approval of the January meeting minutes.  T. Maes seconded.

b.      Discussion: none.

c.       Vote: motion carried.

3.      Action Items

a.      None

4.      Discussion

a.      Updates from previous meeting

                                                              i.      New Collection Code: BKAFIUR (Staff: BOOKS AD FIC URBAN ; Patron: Urban Fiction)

1.      BKAFIUR was added on 2/14/2021, after approval by ILS Committee on 2/2/22.

                                                             ii.      Followup on TS bugfixes and development

1.      Top Bugfixes

a.      Records with lots of items take too long to load (23232)

b.      Cataloging: Editing Item from Item Statuses page (23626)

2.      Top Development

a.      Cataloging: Place Add Item button at top of Edit items page (25225)

b.      Cataloging: Duplicate BSE ISBN check (22471)

c.       Batch Item Editor – Limit to Library and Improve Searching/Navigation (28497)

3.      Discussion: A. Gannaway reviewed the Top Bugfixes and Development for Cataloging that will be submitted to LibLime.  For development requests, SCLS staff will have to write up what we want and submit it to LibLime for a quote.  The batch item editor project was started due to the MFD Local Holds project. The group said it would be helpful to see only your library’s batch edit lists.  The group would also like the batch item edit lists screen to display all item record fields, with the ability to customize the columns, like we had in Koha.

b.      Linking Manual updates for large print audio-enabled books

                                                              i.      Discussion: K. Linke made revisions to the manual regarding Large Print audio-enabled books (see highlights).  She reviewed them with the group and they made a few suggestions.  She will update the manual with these changes. 

c.       Other Bibliovation questions and discussion

                                                              i.      Discussion: None.

5.      Plan for Next meeting:  May 11, 2022 at 9:30 am via phone/videoconference

6.      Adjournment at 10:15 am


For more information about the Collection Maintenance Subcommittee, contact Amy Gannaway.

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.


Collection Maintenance Subcommittee/Minutes/03-2022