Collection Maintenance Subcommittee Minutes

May 11, 2022 at 9:30 am

Phone/video conference

Action Items:
The CMS recommends deleting the low use Collection Codes and Shelving Locations; BKAFISL, CAY, RFTB, MED1F, and TD.

 

Present: Jennifer Hepler (POR), Kate Odahowski (MAD), Tina Marie Maes (MAD), Sarah Hartman (MID), Amy Lawrence (MCF), Alison Wirth (STP), Sarah Bukrey (STO), Kate Hull (SUN), Nancy Kessenich (WAU), Kathy Baker (MFD)

Absent: Molly Warren (MAD), Theresa Skov (VER), LuAnn Kranz (DFT)

Excused: Laura Schmiedicke (MRO)

Recorder: Michelle Karls (SCLS)

SCLS Staff Present: Amy Gannaway, Kayla Linke

 

1.      Call to Order 9:34 am

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors. None.

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda. None.

c.       Requests to address the Committee. None.

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: March 8, 2022

a.      Motion: T. Maes moved approval of the March meeting minutes. K. Baker seconded.

b.      Discussion: none.

c.       Vote: motion carried.

3.      Action Items

a.      Low use Collection Codes and Shelving Locations to delete:

                                                              i.      BKAFISL (Street Lit) 0 items

                                                             ii.      CAY (Books on Cassette) 0 items

                                                           iii.      RFTB (Reference Tables) 0 items

                                                           iv.      MED1F (Media Lab, 1st Floor) 0 items

                                                             v.      TD (Toddler) 0 items

1.      Motion: S. Bukrey moved to delete low use collection codes and shelving locations discussed. S. Hartman seconded.

2.      Discussion: none.

3.      Vote: motion carried.

4.      Discussion

a.      Updates from previous meeting

                                                              i.      Linking Manual updates for large print audio-enabled books

1.      Discussion: K. Linke reported the Linking Manual has been updated to include information about large print audio-enabled books and posted. A. Gannaway displayed the changes to the group.

b.      Development: Call Number Browse

                                                              i.      Discussion: MFD would like to have a Call Number browse in Bibliovation, which would require development from LibLime. K. Baker reported that right now you can search the Call Number in keyword search and it will give you results, but its not the same as a browse search. A. Gannaway reviewed the proposal. It would browse search for the Call number in item record for staff only. It could display in the dropdown of the More menu. A. Gannaway displayed what this would look like. Do we need sort options? It should just sort by full Call Number. Is there a way to integrate it into Advanced search? The group decided that it makes sense to put it under Tools because its near batch edit. A. Gannaway will make this change and send out email to get more feedback from the group before its submitted to LibLime.

c.       Meeting format preferences (virtual/in-person)

                                                              i.      Discussion: We will continue to meet virtually.

d.      Other Bibliovation questions and discussion

                                                              i.      Discussion: S. Bukrey mentioned that the old Pickup Authorization person was a hyperlink. She has brushed up on html and figured out how to put this back. She sent Heidi O. an email to let her know about it. The display status isnt clearing if a patron uses a self-check or an item gets returned in a sorter. This problem has been reported to LibLime. K. Hull showed the new SUN sorter to the group.

5.      Plan for Next meeting: July 13, 2022

6.      Adjournment at 10:05 am.

 

For more information about the Collection Maintenance Subcommittee, contact Amy Gannaway.

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.

 

Collection Maintenance Subcommittee/Minutes/05-2022