Collection Maintenance Subcommittee Minutes

November 8, 2023 at 9:30 am

Phone/video conference

 

Action Items:

The Collection Maintenance Subcommittee recommends deleting the low-use Collection Code DBRARN (Rental Blu-rays).

 

Present: Tina Marie Maes (MAD), Keri Van Gorden (MAD), Sarah Hartman (MID), Laura Schmiedicke (MRO), Amy Lawrence (MCF), Alison Wirth (STP), Sarah Bukrey (STO), Kate Hull (SUN), Kathy Baker (MFD), Nancy Kessenich (WAU)

Absent: None

Excused: Amanda Payne (POR), Kayla Linke (SCLS), Molly Warren (MAD), Theresa Skov (VER), Eric Crow (MTH)

Recorder: Michelle Karls (SCLS)

SCLS Staff Present: Amy Gannaway

 

1.      Call to Order at 9:39 am (SCLS network outage delayed start for some, prevented attendance for others)

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors

                                                              i.      None.

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda

                                                              i.      None.

c.       Requests to address the Committee

                                                              i.      None.

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: September 13, 2023

a.      Motion: K. Hull moved approval of the September meeting minutes.† T. Maes seconded.

b.      Discussion: none.

c.       Vote: motion carried.

3.      Action Items

a.      Low-use collection codes/shelving locations

                                                              i.      DBRARN (Rental Blu-rays) Ė 0 items

1.      Motion: K. Baker moved to delete the low-use Collection Code DBRARN.† L. Schmiedicke seconded.

2.      Discussion: none.

3.      Vote: motion carried.

4.      Discussion

a.      Updates from previous meeting

                                                              i.      Change to Levels of Cataloging policy

1.      Add Mobile Hotspots to PERM section

a.      Approved by ILS Committee October 4, 2023

                                                             ii.      DVD TV Series retro cataloging project update

1.      This is underway and all information for libraries can be found on the Cataloging page.† T. Campbell is working on them and reported a slight uptick in them.† So far the process is going well.† T. Campbell noticed that a link to the Request cataloging for multi-part DVD TV sets was missing and should be added to the Cataloging page. A. Gannaway will add the link to the Cataloging page.† K. Hull reported she is benefitting from other libraries' work who have already submitted titles on the form.† SUN uses the spreadsheet to find which titles they can repackage without having to report it.† They havenít started submitting their own titles yet.† MRO is doing the same.

                                                           iii.      Fast Adds report parameters

1.      The new report now lists all Fast Adds regardless of their creation date (date parameters removed).††

b.      Other Bibliovation questions and discussion

                                                              i.      K. Baker from MFD reported that they split up selector duties between mass market paperbacks and hardcovers.† On the Purchase Alert Report, it is difficult to tell based on the title whether itís a hardcover or not.† MAD doesnít distinguish duties that way so they havenít run into that issue.† Patrons arenít placing a hold based on whether an item is a hardcover or paperback.† Would adding the publication date to the report help?† MFD says yes.† The copyright/pub date is on the report but does not display much data.† A. Gannaway will look into the publication date issue.† L. Schmiedicke asked about the Local Holds email that was recently sent out.† Is the Local Hold status being changed automatically when the item type is?† No, the Local Hold status has to be changed via batch item edit. The item type and the status can be changed in the same batch item edit session.

5.      Plan for the Next meeting:† January 10, 2024, at 9:30 am via phone/video conference

6.      Adjournment at 9:59 am

 

For more information about the Collection Maintenance Subcommittee, contact Amy Gannaway.

 

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.

 

Collection Maintenance Subcommittee/Minutes/11-2023