Discovery Interface Subcommittee Minutes

January 15, 2020, 9:30 am

SCLS Headquarters
Chester Room

 

Present: Tina Marie Maes (MAD), Jake Ineichen (MAD), Robin Krueger (PIN), Rachael Page (DEE), Emma Cobb (VER)

Excused: None

Absent: None

SCLS Staff Present: Rose Ziech (SCLS), Kayla Linke (SCLS), Amy Gannaway (SCLS)

Recorder: Michelle Karls (SCLS)

 

1.      Call to Order

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors

                                                              i.      None.

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda

                                                              i.      None.

c.       Requests to address the Committee

                                                              i.      None.

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: November 20, 2019

a.      Motion: R. Krueger moved approval of the November 20, 2019 meeting minutes. R. Page seconded.

b.      Discussion: none.

c.       Vote: motion carried.

3.      Action Items

a.      None.

4.      Discussion

a.      Update: Discontinuation of launcher script policy

                                                              i.      Discussion: This policy was discontinued.† A. Gannaway did a blog post to inform libraries.

b.      Splitting up Digital Audio Players Donít Miss Lists into Adult, Children, Teen

                                                              i.      Discussion: The subcommittee thought this was a great idea. †A. Gannaway will work on making this change.

c.       Outstanding Bibliovation Discovery Layer problems

                                                              i.      Discussion: A. Gannaway reviewed the Know Problems web page.† Library staff should be checking this page before reporting problems to the Help Desk.† The critical problems are listed on a section of the ILS news page.† It was reported that the checkout history only displays current checkouts and the last 10 checkouts in patron records.† The full checkout history view was suppressed was because it caused some of the response time problems we encountered duing go live.† There is a note on the LINKcat Help page about this.† Another problem reported is items that are due today are appearing as overdue.† There is a fix in the sandbox for thisLibraries can filter the Known Problems page by Discovery Layer to see other problems that have been reported.† There are quite a few issues that have been reported with the mobile app.† Some of the problems listed have been fixed.† There are some reports of problems that have to do with the mobile view.† There was a problem reported shortly after go live that the place hold link missing was from details page and this was fixed quickly.† When youíre on your mobile device and go to My Dashboard, it drops columns (i.e. pickup library).† This has been reported.† Patrons can select the desktop view in the mobile device browser to view all the columns.† Most of the Bibliovation problems are related to Circulation and Acquisitions.† ††††

d.      Google Analytics in LINKcat

                                                              i.      Discussion: R. Ziech turned on Google Analytics in Bibliovation. †In Koha, Google Analytics only tracked the home page because otherwise it was tracking personal information.† Now itís installed in the Bibliovation Discovery Layer and is tracking all pages. We are not sure how to interpret this data quite yet.† The group reviewed the statistics.† It is not capturing personal information.† We will continue tracking and look into this further to figure out how t interpret the information it is gathering.† Library staff can find the Google Analytics login information this from the LINKcat Report web page.†††

e.      Bibliovation questions and/or discussion

                                                              i.      Discussion: MAD reference staff have been getting display change suggestions from patrons.† Any improvement suggestions for the Discovery Layer should be entered in Help Desk portal and we will sort through them after the critical fixes are complete.† R. Ziech is working on accessibility issues.†

5.      Plan for Next meeting:† March 18, 2020

6.      Adjournment at 10:23 am.

 

 

For more information about the Discovery Interface Subcommittee, contact Amy Gannaway.

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.

 

Discovery Interface Subcommittee/Minutes/01-2020