Discovery Interface Subcommittee Minutes

July 21, 2021, 9:30 am

Phone/video conference

Action Items:



Present: Tina Marie Maes (MAD), Jake Ineichen (MAD), Robin Krueger (PIN), Rachael Page (DEE), Emma Cobb (VER), Eric Norton (MCM), Steev Baker (SUN)

Absent: None

Excused: None

Recorder: Michelle Karls (SCLS)

SCLS Staff Present: Amy Gannaway, Kayla Linke, Rose Ziech


1.      Call to Order at 9:33 am

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors

                                                              i.      None.

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda

                                                              i.      None.

c.       Requests to address the Committee

                                                              i.      None.

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: May 19, 2021

a.      Motion: E. Norton moved approval of the May meeting minutes.  T. Maes seconded.

b.      Discussion: none.

c.       Vote: motion carried.

3.      Action Items

a.      None

4.      Discussion

a.      Updates from previous meeting

                                                              i.      7.0 Upgrade Discovery Layer changes

1.      Sort options: remove Popularity, Call number, Last Modified date

2.      Discussion: We discussed removing the Popularity, Call number, and Last Modified date sort options at the last meeting and people wanted time to think about this.  The group is still interested in moving forward with removing these sort options with the next update.  They will be removed on the patron and staff side of Bibliovation.  A. Gannaway will finish removing these sort options in the sandbox and make a note that we will do this in production after we upgrade.  A. Gannaway is unsure of the date of the update at this time because LibLime needs to fix some bugs before we can move forward. 

b.      Mobile app implementation update

                                                              i.      Discussion: The new Mobile app went out on June 1 and overall, we have had positive feedback.  There have been a few suggested tweaks submitted and A. Gannaway has sent them on to Solus to see if they are possible.  One known problem with the Mobile app is that it can lose connectivity with Bibliovation sometimes and it appears to the patron as though they have been logged out.  When connectivity with Bibliovation resumes, the patron will appear logged in again.  This was reported and A. Gannaway is still waiting on more information (Solus is reviewing the logs).  A patron is interested in adding My Lists to the Mobile app.  A. Gannaway is waiting to see if this can be added (My Lists weren’t available in the old app).  11 libraries have expressed interest in getting custom templates.  DFT had their own customization done through their Boopsie app before the Mobile App was implemented.  Boopsie has since been bought by Solus, so DFT will also be using a custom template in Solus as well.

c.       Other Bibliovation questions and/or discussion

                                                              i.      Discussion: E. Cobb asked if there was an explanation for why the platform update was canceled last night.  LibLime said there was a database problem and they had to abort the upgrade.  It will be rescheduled and more information about this will be coming. 

d.      Hybrid meetings starting September 2021

                                                              i.      Discussion: SCLS opening more, will offer hybrid meetings.  Can attend at SCLS HQ or virtually.  Virtual meetings would be with video, which is different than the previous ability to call into a meeting.

5.      Plan for Next meeting:  September 15, 2021 at 9:30 am

6.      Adjournment at 9:55 am


For more information about the Discovery Interface Subcommittee, contact Amy Gannaway.

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.


Discovery Interface Subcommittee/Minutes/07-2021