Discovery Interface Subcommittee Minutes

September 15, 2021, 9:30 am

Phone/video conference


Action Items:



Present: Tina Marie Maes (MAD), Jake Ineichen (MAD), Robin Krueger (PIN), Rachael Page (DEE), Emma Cobb (VER), Eric Norton (MCM)
Steev Baker (SUN)

Excused: None

Recorder: Michelle Karls (SCLS)

SCLS Staff Present: Amy Gannaway, Rose Ziech

1.      Call to Order at 9:33 am

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors

                                                              i.      None.

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda

                                                              i.      None.

c.       Requests to address the Committee

                                                              i.      None.

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: July 21, 2021

a.      Motion: T. Maes moved approval of the July meeting minutes.  R. Krueger seconded. 

b.      Discussion: none.

c.       Vote: motion carried.

3.      Action Items

a.      None

4.      Discussion

a.      Updates from previous meeting

                                                              i.      7.0 Upgrade Discovery Layer changes

1.      Sort options: remove Popularity, Call number, Last Modified date: Updated in sandbox

2.      Discussion: We do not have a date for the sandbox upgrade yet.  We are waiting on some fixes from LibLime that are related to circulation and self-check.  We will need to do testing before we schedule the upgrade (October would be the earliest).

b.      Mobile app update

                                                              i.      Discussion: Some libraries asked for custom templates for the Mobile app.  All of this information was sent out to libraries that requested them.  They can make changes and then their templates will be live.  We will have another option to add templates in January for other interested libraries.  E. Cobb asked how the apps knows which template the patron should be seeing.  This is based on the patron home library and the patron won’t see the template until they login.  VER’s template just went live today.    

c.       Other Bibliovation questions and/or discussion

                                                              i.      Discussion: MAD asked if there is a reason we still have separate Staff and Discovery Layer known problem items pages.  There are still some differences between the two and a few problems that are just related to the Staff side.  MFD went live on Monday!

d.      November meeting conflict with WLA Conference

                                                              i.      Discussion: A. Gannaway is planning to attend WLA in November.  Should we cancel or reschedule the meeting?  A. Gannaway is planning to schedule a Discovery Layer User Group and talk about the update which would be open to all library staff.  The group decided that if we have a User Group, we wouldn’t need to meet as a committee.  We can always schedule a meeting if something pressing comes up.  A. Gannaway is still working on a date but is thinking maybe early December (depending on when upgrade happens).  A. Gannaway mentioned December 8th 9:30 – 11:00 as a potential date for the User Group but she will need to check for conflicts.  She will send an email out to this group.  We are officially cancelling the November meeting. 

e.      Meeting format for 2022 meetings

                                                              i.      Discussion: The group decided to continue to meet virtually. The group will discuss the possibility of meeting in-person/hybrid meeting at the May 2022 meeting.    

5.      Plan for Next meeting:  January 19, 2022 at 9:30 am via phone/video conference

6.      Adjournment at 9:56 am.


For more information about the Discovery Interface Subcommittee, contact Amy Gannaway.

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.


Discovery Interface Subcommittee/Minutes/09-2021