Discovery Interface Subcommittee Minutes

January 19, 2022, 9:30 am

Phone/video conference


Action Items:

Present: Tom Campbell (MAD), Robin Krueger (PIN), Rachael Page (DEE), Emma Cobb (VER), Kara Coffman (PDS)
Jake Ineichen (MAD), Eric Norton (MCM), Steev Baker (SUN)
Michelle Karls (SCLS)
SCLS Staff Present:
Amy Gannaway, Rose Ziech


1.      Call to Order at 9:34 am

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors

                                                              i.      This is Kara Coffman’s first meeting.  Welcome, Kara!

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda

                                                              i.      None.

c.       Requests to address the Committee

                                                              i.      None.

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: September 15, 2021

a.      Motion: R. Krueger moved approval of the September meeting minutes.  T. Campbell seconded.

b.      Discussion: none.

c.       Vote: motion carried.

3.      Action Items

a.      None

4.      Discussion

a.      Updates from previous meeting

                                                              i.      7.0 Update January 10, 2022: Details on Bibliovation Support page.

b.      Personal Details page development

                                                              i.      Need to display expiration date on page. Would like patrons to be able to their email address and phone and have the change display in the patron edit screen. Can be multiple levels: expiration date only ; add ability for patrons to change email and phone but nothing else and make this change display in the patron edit history ; further add ability to customize the entire page.

1.      Discussion: A. Gannaway displayed the page in the dashboard. In Koha, the patron expiration date appeared on this page and we wanted it to appear in Bibliovation.  It would be nice if patrons could update their phone and email.  We don’t want them to update their address without staff intervention (i.e. proof of address).  It was expensive to add an instance where patrons could contact staff about changes from their account.  There is the possibility to add the expiration date and we could add patron ability to change patron/phone.  The group agreed this is desirable.  R. Page is hopeful that it would cut back on bounced emails.  The ability to customize this entire page would be expensive.  H. Oliversen is talking with CSS about this as well. We will wait to hear what CSS said and get a new quote this work.     

c.       Tweaks to Discovery Layer

                                                              i.      Added checkboxes to search results page in mobile view

                                                            ii.      My Personal Details page remove red line around date of birth box

                                                          iii.      Different colors for In transit and Waiting holds on holds page

                                                          iv.      Padding around cancel and suspend/resume buttons on holds page

                                                            v.      Adding “no renewal” in “checkbox” column on checkouts page

1.      Discussion: A. Gannaway reviewed and displayed the potential tweaks that R. Ziech worked on for the group.  For the checkboxes, the Select All button is missing in the Mobile app.  R. Ziech will look into thisWe will move forward with changes to mobile view.  On My Personal Details the birthday is supposed to display but it doesn’t currently.  There’s a red line displaying and R. Ziech was able to get rid of that red line.  At some point LibLime will fix this but it is not critical.  The Cancel and Suspend/Resume buttons are easy to accidentally hit.  R. Ziech added a little more padding around the buttons to make them more noticeable. R. Ziech can add a little more padding (right now we are at 5 pixels, but we could go to 7, 8, 9 or 10).           

d.      Rank bugfixes

                                                              i.      Discussion: A. Gannaway reviewed the spreadsheet of bugfixes. Each subcommittee can choose up to 15 bugs. We would put these into survey that would go to the directors to vote on.  The survey results will go to the IC in February. The bugs were also discussed at the December User Groups.  The committee went through each item on the spreadsheet and gave them a ranking. We will send the high and medium bugs on to be added to the bigger list of priorities.

e.      Rank development

                                                              i.      Discussion:  A. Gannaway reviewed the spreadsheet of development ideas and committee members prioritized/ranked them.  The input from the User Group was discussed.  Like the bugs, the development ideas will also go into a survey for the directors, and then will go on to the IC in February.

f.        Other Bibliovation questions and/or discussion

                                                              i.      Discussion: none.

5.      Plan for Next meeting:  March 16, 2022 at 9:30 am via phone/video conference

a.      Discussion about renaming or removing Cart

b.      Discussion about LINKcat Twitter account

c.       Updates to Passwords and Privacy help page and bookmark (and other bookmarks)

6.      Adjournment


For more information about the Discovery Interface Subcommittee, contact Amy Gannaway.

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.


Discovery Interface Subcommittee/Minutes/01-2022