Discovery Interface Subcommittee Minutes

July 20, 2022, 9:30 am

Phone/video conference


Action Items:



Present: Tom Campbell (MAD), Jake Ineichen (MAD), Rachael Page (DEE), Eric Norton (MCM), Kara Coffman (PDS)

Absent: Steev Baker (SUN)

Excused: Emma Cobb (VER), Robin Krueger (PIN), Rose Ziech (SCLS)

Recorder: Michelle Karls (SCLS)
SCLS Staff Present:
Amy Gannaway


1.      Call to Order at 9:35 am.

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors. None.

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda.  None. 

c.       Requests to address the Committee. None.

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: May 18, 2022

a.      Motion: T. Campbell moved approval of the May meeting minutes.  E. Norton seconded.

b.      Discussion: none.

c.       Vote: motion carried.

3.      Action Items

a.      None

4.      Discussion

a.      Updates from previous meeting

                                                              i.      Discontinue LINKcat Twitter

                                                             ii.      Facet “help” button (in sandbox)

                                                           iii.      Suggestions for additional links on Don’t Miss Lists page to curated lists

1.      Discussion: A. Gannaway will request to archive the LINKcat Twitter account today and delete the account after the archiving is done.  The group reviewed the suggested changes from the last meeting for the Facet “help” button and there were no changes.  A. Gannaway will ask R. Ziech to add this to the sandbox when she returns from vacation.  A. Gannaway did not receive any additional links to add to the DMLs web page to help with the request to diversify lists.  E. Norton suggested adding all of the ALA lists and others liked this idea. Perhaps we could start with the awards that are more well-known (such as Coretta Scott King award) and go from there?

b.      Changes to facets in sandbox

                                                              i.      Discussion: There was an issue with duplicates displaying in the facets.  LibLime added a feature to use the authority-controlled heading instead.  It was tested in the sandbox by SCLS staff and it works well for the Author, Topic and Genre/Form facets.  A. Gannaway demonstrated this.  The group was OK with making this change in production.  They like the term Topic as opposed to Subject Heading because it is more patron-friendly.

c.       Other Bibliovation questions and/or discussion

                                                              i.      Discussion: none.

5.      Plan for Next meeting:  September 14, 2022 at 9:30 am via phone/video conference.

6.      Adjournment at 9:55 am.


For more information about the Discovery Interface Subcommittee, contact Amy Gannaway.

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.


Discovery Interface Subcommittee/Minutes/07-2022