Discovery Interface Subcommittee Minutes

November 16, 2022, 9:30 am

Phone/video conference


Action Items:



Present: Tom Campbell (MAD), Jake Ineichen (MAD), Robin Krueger (PIN)

Absent: Rachael Page (DEE), Emma Cobb (VER), Eric Norton (MCM), Steev Baker (SUN)

Excused: None

SCLS Recorder: Michelle Karls (SCLS)

SCLS Staff Present: Amy Gannaway, Rose Ziech


1.      Call to Order at 9:34 am

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors

                                                              i.      None.

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda

                                                              i.      None.

c.       Requests to address the Committee

                                                              i.      None.

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: September 21, 2022

a.      Motion: R. Krueger moved approval of the September meeting minutes.  J. Ineichen seconded.

b.      Discussion: none.

c.       Vote: motion carried.

3.      Action Items

a.      None.

4.      Discussion

a.      Updates from previous meeting

                                                              i.      Facet “help” button text final review

                                                             ii.      Adding more ALA award lists to Don’t Miss Lists

                                                           iii.      “Forgot password” development

                                                           iv.      “Not renewable” in Select All column on My checkouts page

1.      Discussion: The Facet “help” button text has been in sandbox and A. Gannaway hasn’t received any changes.  We will add this text to production after the upgrade.  The upgrade won’t be happening until next year because of outstanding issues/bugs and the upcoming holidays.  A. Gannaway has been working on adding more ALA award lists.  She is currently working on the Corretta Scott King award.  She will let us know when she’s done and then add a link to the main page under Award Winners.  There was a question with the “Forgot password” spec.  What happens when a patron doesn’t have email in their record?  There should be a message that pops up telling them they should contact their library.  This particular project is ready to submit, but we are not sure when we will submit the new specs.  We are trying to get LibLime to focus on issues for the upgrade first.  Currently, the “Not renewable” items are apprearing where you don’t want them when the list is sorted.  R. Ziech added a CSS selector to the page so they will be sorted correctly.  However, this only works in up-to-date browsers.  A. Gannaway demonstrated the fix to the group.  This should work on patron PC and works well.  When we implement this into production, there won’t be a checkbox next to non-renewable items. We can add this to production.  R. Ziech will make this change.    

b.      OverDrive API integration

                                                              i.      Discussion: A. Gannaway is working on the API integration where it will allow OverDrive and Bibliovation to connect more seamlessly. LibLime has to do setup in the sandbox and after that’s done we will be able to test it out. Currently, if you come across OverDrive title in then you will still have to go to OverDrive to check availability information.  For the first part of the API integration, the goal is to show OverDrive availability in LINKcat.  Patrons would still need to go to OverDrive to place holds or check out.

c.       Other Bibliovation questions and/or discussion

                                                              i.      Discussion: none.

5.      Plan for Next meeting:  January 18, 2023 at 9:30 am

6.      Adjournment at 9:47 am


For more information about the Discovery Interface Subcommittee, contact Amy Gannaway.

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.


Discovery Interface Subcommittee/Minutes/11-2022