Discovery Interface Subcommittee Minutes

January 18, 2023, 9:30 am

Phone/video conference


Action Items:



Present: Tom Campbell (MAD), Jake Ineichen (MAD), Rachael Page (DEE), Eric Norton (MCM)

Absent: Emma Cobb (VER)

Excused: Robin Krueger (PIN)

Recorder: Michelle Karls (SCLS)

SCLS Staff Present: Amy Gannaway, Rose Ziech


1.      Call to Order at 9:33 am

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors

                                                              i.      None.

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda

                                                              i.      None.

c.       Requests to address the Committee

                                                              i.      None.

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: November 16, 2022

a.      Motion: E. Norton moved approval of the November meeting minutes.  T. Campbell seconded.

b.      Discussion: none.

c.       Vote: motion carried.

3.      Action Items

a.      None

4.      Discussion

a.      Updates from previous meeting

                                                              i.      Adding more ALA award lists to Don’t Miss Lists

                                                             ii.      “Not renewable” in Select All column on My checkouts page

                                                           iii.      OverDrive API Integration

1.      Discussion: A. Gannaway has finished the Coretta Scott King Award Don’t Miss List.  She is going to check the links one more time before she adds it to the Don’t Miss Lists page.  She will start working on another award list.  E. Norton asked if we could the year when each entry received the award.  We don’t do that for other lists and it would be a lot of work to go back and add that information at this point.  Rose applied the “Not renewable” in Select All columns fix on My checkouts page and it is working. The OverDrive API Integration has been going on in the sandbox.  A. Gannaway demonstrated the progress in the sandbox.  LibLime has done some work but it’s not completely working.  There is an error when you click on Availability.  We want to work on the language (i.e. the term “Digital Media) but we will wait until it’s working properly.  Hopefully, A. Gannaway will have more to report at the March meeting.   

b.      Other Bibliovation questions and/or discussion

                                                              i.      Discussion: We are still waiting on fixes before we can upgrade to 7.2. 

5.      Plan for Next meeting:  March 15, 2023 at 9:30 am via phone/video conference

6.      Adjournment at 9:42 am.


For more information about the Discovery Interface Subcommittee, contact Amy Gannaway.

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.


Discovery Interface Subcommittee/Minutes/01-2023