Discovery Interface Subcommittee Minutes

May 17, 2023, 9:30 am

Phone/video conference

 

Action Items:†††††††††

None

 

Present: Tom Campbell (MAD), Rachael Page (DEE), Eric Norton (MCM)

Absent: Jake Ineichen (MAD)

Excused: None

Recorder: Michelle Karls (SCLS)

SCLS Staff Present: Amy Gannaway, Rose Ziech

 

1.      Call to Order at 9:33 am

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors

                                                              i.      None.

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda

                                                              i.      None.

c.       Requests to address the Committee

                                                              i.      None.

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: March 15, 2023

a.      Motion: T. Campbell moved approval of the March meeting minutes.† R. Page seconded.

b.      Discussion: none.

c.       Vote: motion carried.

3.      Action Items

a.      None

4.      Discussion

a.      Updates from previous meeting

                                                              i.      Adding more ALA award lists to Donít Miss Lists

1.      Stonewall Book Award

2.      Pura Belpre Award

a.      A. Gannaway finished the Stonewall Book Award.† There were not too many titles as it started in 2010.† She is currently working on a new page for the Pura Belpre Awards.

                                                             ii.      OverDrive API integration

1.      A. Gannaway is still waiting on LibLime to resolve errors in the sandbox and was waiting for the upgrade.† The upgrade was last night.† She will wait for problems to resolve with that and then ask LibLime about this again.†

                                                           iii.      Awards Note (586) field in Discovery Layer

1.      A. Gannaway is not sure this was added to the sandbox to test.† Rose will follow up about this.

                                                           iv.      Configuration for single-result searches

1.      This was discussed at the last meeting.† A. Gannaway turned on a setting in the sandbox that would take the patron to the search results rather than the bib record when there is only one search result. However, this appears to interfere with item barcode searching that correctly takes you to the item record for the barcode. A. Gannaway will do additional testing now that production has been upgraded.†††

b.      Google Analytics 4

                                                              i.      R. Ziech reported that google analytics is requiring us to upgrade the code that collects data.† She tested this and installing the new code by itself does work.† She tried having both codes in at the same time and it didnít work.† Statistics will probably look a little different moving forward.† If SCLS is hosting your website and helping with statistics already, weíve probably done the upgrade on your individual websites.† These are the same changes but to LINKcat.

c.       Other Bibliovation questions and/or discussion

                                                              i.      A. Gannaway stated that the upgrade happened last night and some problems have been reported.† Please keep your eye on status wiki.† A. Gannaway met with Solus about the mobile app this morning to talk about the change to how the dates (UTC) with this upgrade.† The dates are not displaying correctly on the mobile app.† They will make corrections but they probably wonít display until tomorrow.† She also discussed the connection problems with them.† The mobile app connects to LibLime with API.† LibLime wants to limit the amount of requests for data (it can the overload system or it is a sign they system could be under attack).† This is primarily due to the fact that the title data is set to the app in a fragmented way and LibLime would have to change this. In the meantime, they will turn off part of the title display to help with the connection times.† T. Campbell reported that the 740 field (alternative titles) is displaying in the Discovery Layer.† Should it only be displaying on the staff side?† R. Ziech and K. Linke discussed this and decided to display the 740 and 246 fields.† This change was made around March 14 according to email.†

5.      Plan for Next meeting:† July 19, 2023 at 9:30 am via phone/video conference

6.      Adjournment at 9:57 am

 

For more information about the Discovery Interface Subcommittee, contact Amy Gannaway.

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.

 

Discovery Interface Subcommittee/Minutes/05-2023