Discovery Interface Subcommittee Minutes

September 20, 2023, 9:30 am

Phone/video conference

 

Action Items:

None

 

Present: Rachael Page (DEE), Eric Norton (MCM)

Absent: None

Excused: Tom Campbell (MAD), Jake Ineichen (MAD)

SCLS Recorder: Michelle Karls (SCLS)

SCLS Staff Present: Amy Gannaway, Rose Ziech

 

 

1.      Call to Order at 9:33 am

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors

                                                              i.      None.

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda

                                                              i.      None.

c.       Requests to address the Committee

                                                              i.      None.

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: July 19, 2023

a.      Motion: R. Page moved approval of the July meeting minutes.† E. Norton seconded.†

b.      Discussion: none.

c.       Vote: motion carried.

3.      Action Items

a.      None.

4.      Discussion

a.      Updates from previous meeting

                                                              i.      Adding more ALA award lists

1.      Schneider Family Book Award

a.      A. Gannaway is continuing to work on this. The Schneider Family Book Award is a list of children's books about people with disabilities.†

                                                             ii.      OverDrive API integration

1.      A. Gannaway will take this off the agenda for now because she is waiting on LibLime.† The 7.02 update was done in May.† There are still some high-priority bugs that need to be fixed before we can upgrade to 7.04 in the sandbox and begin testing the OverDrive API integration.†

                                                           iii.      Google Analytics 4

1.      There are no additional updates and the work is complete.† A. Gannaway will remove this from the agenda.

                                                           iv.      LINKcat Mobile App

1.      A. Gannaway contacted Solus last week about getting the new version of the Mobile App so we can begin testing it.† She hasnít heard back yet.

                                                             v.      Talpa search from Syndetics Unbound

1.      This was discussed at the last meeting.† The Talpa search is the AI search from Syndetics Unbound.† If we want to, we can make this available to patrons and then we get it free for a year.† We donít know what will happen after that because itís still in the testing phase.† It is working with our catalog.† A. Gannaway demonstrated a search for the group.† The search itself is somewhat slow but yielded some interesting results.† The group thinks library staff would be more interested in this than patrons.† Should we add this search to LINKcat?† †E. Norton suggested adding some phrasing that itís a beta test so patrons know itís not a fully up-and-running tool.† R. Page agreed. The group decided to put the link on the LINKcat Help page because itís easier to add more text. A. Gannaway will add this search to the Help page and let libraries know they can also add the search to their homepages if they want to.† ††††

b.      Translating LINKcat bookmarks into Spanish

                                                              i.      Discussion:† We have talked about doing this in the past.† We would need to pay someone to do this.† We were thinking we could get a quote and see how much it would cost.† Which bookmark would be most helpful to start with? The group decided on the ďSearching HelpĒ bookmark.†

c.       Other Bibliovation questions and/or discussion

                                                              i.      Discussion: none.

5.      Plan for the next meeting:† November 15, 2023, at 9:30 am via phone/video conference

6.      Adjournment at 10:09 am

 

For more information about the Discovery Interface Subcommittee, contact Amy Gannaway.

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.

 

Discovery Interface Subcommittee/Minutes/09-2023