Discovery Interface Subcommittee Minutes

January 17, 2024, 9:30 am

Phone/video conference

Action Items:

None

 

Present: Tom Campbell (MAD), Jake Ineichen (MAD), Rachael Page (DEE)

Absent: None

Excused: Eric Norton (MCM), Mary Fahndrich (MAD)

Recorder: Amy Gannaway (SCLS)

SCLS Staff Present: Amy Gannaway, Rose Ziech (SCLS)

 

1.      Call to Order at 9:33 am.

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors

                                                              i.      None

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda

                                                              i.      None

c.       Requests to address the Committee

                                                              i.      None

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: November 15, 2023

a.      Motion: T. Campbell moved approval of the September meeting minutes.† R. Page seconded.

b.      Discussion: none.

c.       Vote: motion carried.

3.      Action Items

a.      None

4.      Discussion

a.      Updates from previous meeting

                                                              i.      Adding more ALA Award lists

1.      Schneider Family Book Award

a.      A. Gannaway has completed the list through the year 2017. When the list is finished a link will be added to the Donít Miss List page.

                                                             ii.      Translating LINKcat bookmarks into Spanish

1.      The Searching LINKcat bookmark was finished and posted. We donít yet have a timeline on translating the additional bookmarks.

                                                           iii.      Increase contrast for links in LINKcat

1.      R. Ziech completed the work related to increasing the contrast for links in LINKcat. At this time, that is the extent of what we can do to increase contrast.

b.      Update on ILS Evaluation

                                                              i.      A. Gannaway noted that the deadline for the workgroup recruitment form is this Friday, Jan. 19. We have added a web page and will add more information to the page as it becomes available.

c.       Auto-deleting form submissions for patron LINKcat form

                                                              i.      The LINKcat Help website was recently upgraded to Drupal 10, which has a feature that allows us to set up an auto-delete for any form submissions. The existing form was created in 2019 when we migrated LINKcat Help to Drupal and we have not deleted any form submissions since. A. Gannaway suggested keeping the form submissions for one year to be sure that nothing is missed and in case we need to revisit a submission. The group agreed that a year was fine. R. Ziech will set up the form to auto-delete form submissions after one year and will also clear out the old form submissions in the FormAssembly software, which is what was used for the form prior to 2019.

d.      Other Bibliovation questions and/or discussion

                                                              i.      None.

5.      Plan for the Next meeting:† March 20, 2024, at 9:30 am via phone/video conference

6.      Adjournment at 9:45 am.

 

For more information about the Discovery Interface Subcommittee, contact Amy Gannaway.

 

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.

 

Discovery Interface Subcommittee/Agenda/01-2024