Interlibrary Loan Subcommittee Notes

March 26, 2019, 10 a.m.

GoToMeeting

 

 

Present: Joan Wheeler, BAR; Patty Steele, MFD; Cindy Stankey, SUN; Jenna Assmus, RIO; Jenny Carr, MID; Diane Lang, STP; Nancy Myers, MRO; Marylu Silka, ACL; Kathy Wolkoff, MAD; Emily  Wilcox, MAD;

Absent:

Excused: Eric Norton, MCM;

Recorder: Jean Anderson, SCA

SCLS staff present: Jean Anderson, SCA; Heidi Oliversen, SCA;

 

1.      Call to order time 10:02 a.m.

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors - None

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda - None

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: October 30, 2018

a.      Changes or corrections: Kathy Wolkoff moved; Joan Wheeler second;

b.      Approved by motion

3.      OLL Update

a.      Long time clerk, Gretchen, passed away suddenly in December. New clerk, Leona, started last week and is training right now. Soon, will be back to regular schedule soon. Thanks for your patience.

b.      Illiad upgrade will be delayed for several months

c.       OCLC is not going to force every library to migrate to Tipasa before they are ready. It doesn’t have the same functionality as Illiad. It’s more important to have a choice. Madison is not moving for the foreseeable future.

d.      Clarify issue of asking MAD to not go out of state/okay to go out of state

                                                              i.      When you check box on form

                                                            ii.      Regardless of what you choose – we always try in-state before checking out of state

                                                          iii.      When OLL staff contacts library, they often say go out of state

1.      Kathy, Emily and Jean will draft something to send to ILL email list

                                                          iv.      Would like to reduce back and forth

e.      Kathy and Emily are happy to go on the road to do training with new staff members who will be doing OLL, site visits, hands-on help

f.        Request for a new item (within past 6 months) that is owned by Marshfield and being requested by another SCLS library. From Patty at Marshfield, if it’s in, she’d send it. Heidi Oliversen reminded us of the Lending policy between LINKcat and nonLINKcat libraries. If going to do this, the policy needs to be amended.

                                                              i.      Action Item: Heidi, Jean, and Kathy will look at the document for an initial review and send out to ILL Subcommittee for feedback

 

4.      Damaged Item Billing Pilot Project

a.      Back burner, has ideas for streamlining process. Is there a lower limit for what we’d charge a borrowing library for a lost or damaged item? Goal is to come to have a policy spelled out on this. Doesn’t want to make these decisions arbitrarily.

 

5.      SCLS Website Update – ILL/OLL Documentation

a.      Suggestion to have a front page with links to three separate pages: for Patarons, for Member Libraries, for Outside libraries

b.      From Jenna: The website follows the workflow and is a nice illustration of the flow of things.

 

6.      WISCAT Update

a.      Reminder SCLS will no longer pay for the fee in 2020

b.      Libraries can request WISCAT statistics from Kathy

 

7.      Other business

a.      Question about not wanted after date

                                                              i.      Best to let it populate or move the date out longer

 

8.      Plan for next meeting: October 29, 2019,  Location TBD

a.      Jean will send out a Doodle poll for best days of the week to hold meetings. Goal is to alternate so we can include all members of the committee.

 

9.      Adjournment: 10:52 a.m.

For more information about the Interlibrary Loan Subcommittee, contact Jean Anderson.

 

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.

ILL/Minutes/03-2019