ILS Committee Minutes

November 21, 2019, 8:45 am

Waunakee Public Library

Board Room

Action Items:

None

 

Present: Erin Foley, ACL (1), Cathy Borck, WID (2), Angela Noel, BRD (3), Eddie Glade, PCPL (4), Emily Judd, SKC (5), Eric Norton, MCM (6), Heidi Cox, MCF (7), Brendan Faherty, MID (8), Nate Snortum, DCL (9, 10), Margie Navarre Saaf, Susan Lee, Molly Warren, MAD (11 -13)

Absent: None

Excused: None

Recorder: Michelle Karls (SCLS)

SCLS staff present: Amy Gannaway, Heidi Oliversen, Vicki Teal Lovely

 

1.      Call to Order at 8:45 am

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors

                                                              i.      None.

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda

                                                              i.      None.

c.       Requests to address the Committee

                                                              i.      None.

 

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: October 2, 2019

a.      Motion: S. Lee moved approval of the October 2, 2019 meeting minutes. B. Faherty seconded.

b.      Discussion: none.

c.       Vote: motion carried.

 

3.      Action Items

a.      Recommendations from subcommittees regarding Bibliovation migration

                                                              i.      Motion:†† The group decided to delay the motion until December 2 at 3 pm via phone conference in order to give SCLS time to work with every sorter library to where they feel confident that the sorters are working properly.

                                                             ii.      Discussion: V. Teal Lovely reviewed the outstanding issues and motions from the subcommittees.† CMS and DIS recommended moving forward with the migration to Bibliovation on December 6.† CSS recommended we move forward with understanding that self-checks and sorters will be working for go live.† There are three main components to the self-checks and sorters.† †The first component is the staff station software at checkout, which is just software on the PCs.† This is working fine.† The second component is the patron self-checkout stations.† As of right now, there are three instances where self-check is working (SCA, SUN, and SEQ).† We canít test every self-check at every library because of IP address issues and the back and forth to get them ďblessedĒ.† Patrons are currently getting an error message to go to desk when renewing an item.† This would not stop us from migrating as itís an outlier situation with no data corruption. We are optimistic this will be fixed by December 6 and will continue to test this.† C. Weber has identified every version of the software and sheís going to have several libraries do some more testing.† The third component is the sorters. †These were the last to be dealt with and there are connection issues.† C. Weber been to SUN several times and continues to do testing with them.† At first it didnít work at all, then it connected, but items were not getting checked in.† As of yesterday, items are getting checked in but itís not following the sort configuration.† There are currently 5 libraries with sorters (MID, MOO, FCH, VER, and SUN). Getting the sorters to do checkin yesterday was a breakthrough.† V. Teal Lovely is reasonably confident that the issues will be fixed as C. Weber continues to work through them.† However, we canít guarantee this.† We will get as far as we can.† Bibliovation doesnít have many customer with sorters as they work with mostly small, academic libraries.† The checkin for the sorters is fairly complicated (owning library, collection code, holds, lost status, etc).† We have ten business days until the scheduled migration and C. Weber is focused on getting the sorters working before go live.† Once SUNís sorter is working, sheís going to set appointments with other libraries to get their sorters working.† After we go live, we may have connection issues.† There is no way to test this in a live environment.† V. Teal Lovely will talk to the sorter libraries today at the All Directors meeting.† Bibliotheca is helping and have also reviewed log files.† Weíre hoping this will help us to solve the problem.

 

The PR Work Group met yesterday and discussed starting the PR and the worst case scenario for patrons is we will tell them the migration is delayed on December 2. †How many patrons will notice?† ACL is closing the library for December 6 and 9.† BRD is closing for training.† LibLime is rewriting Bibliovation code in a better way.† They have made the software better on the side we donít see.† M. Navarre Saaf said we need to go ahead.† We can prepare as much as we can and if something goes wrong we will figure it out.† The group decided to hold a phone meeting December 2 at 3 pm and vote on the migration then.† If the sorters are doing checkin but not sorting we wonít go ahead with the migration.† We will let libraries know either way.

 

We have planned to go live on Tuesday, December 10.† We understand that libraries want to go live as soon as possible, so if itís ready to go on Monday we will do so for any library wishing to do so. We will stagger the offline circulation uploads.† We are hoping to do MAD and SEQ offline circulation uploads on Sunday.† ILS staff will need to do set-up, check the configurations, and confirm the data was migrated correctly.† They hope to have access to start doing this on Sunday.† The indexing will have to finish before we say weíre going live.† We will announce go live via the status wiki and the link-announce email list.† There are a lot of moving parts and canceling the migration is not something to take lightly.† February would be next time we could go live if the migration is delayed.†

                                                           iii.      Vote: none.

b.      Migration events plan

                                                              i.      Discussion: †The Migration events plan web page includes everything libraries might need to know.† This is being updated as often as necessary.† ILS Staff are going to create a list of top 10 things libraries should know about for the Bibliovation migration.†

c.       †[Delivery during] down time plan

                                                              i.      Discussion:† We covered the highlights in the Bibliovation migration discussion.† Delivery and CSS has approved the [delivery during] down time plan.† ILS staff are fine tuning this plan as necessary.† We are working to get information out to libraries.†

 

4.      Reports

a.      No reports for this meeting

5.      Items from clusters for initial discussion

a.      None.

 

6.      Discussion

a.      None.

7.      Plan for Next meeting:December 2, 2019 at 3 pm via phone

a.      Approval of migration to Bibliovation on December 6

b.      Approve 2020 technology plan

 

8.      Adjournment at 9:43 am

 

 

For more information about the ILS Committee, contact Vicki Teal Lovely.

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.

 

ILS Committee/ Minutes/11-2019