ILS Committee Minutes

April 7, 2021, 10 am

Phone/video conference

Action Items:

The IC recommended that Katrina Linde-Moriarty (MNT) be added to the Multi-Part DVD Workgroup.

The IC recommended creating the Delivery Workflows Workgroup with the members presented.† (This will go to the AC for final approval.)

The IC approved the recommendation from the CSS to create a 28 day ILL ITYPE.†

 

Present: Erin Foley, ACL (1), Debbie Bird, POR (2), Suzann Holland, MRO (3), Eddie Glade, PCPL (4), Eric Norton, MCM (6), Heidi Cox, MCF (7), Phil Hansen FCH (8), Nate Snortum, DCL (9, 10), Margie Navarre Saaf, Molly Warren, MAD, Susan Lee (11 -13)
Absent: L. White, PDS (5)
Excused:
None
Recorder:
Michelle Karls (SCLS)
SCLS Staff Present:
Vicki Teal Lovely, Martha Van Pelt, Heidi Oliversen, Amy Gannaway

 

1.      Call to Order at 9:33 am

a.      Introduction of guests/visitors

                                                              i.      None.

b.      Changes/Additions to the Agenda

                                                              i.      V. Teal Lovely added 4e ĖMulti-part DVDs Packaging Workgroup March 2 meeting.

c.       Requests to address the Committee

                                                              i.      None.

 

2.      Approval of previous meeting minutes: February 3, 2021

a.      Motion:† D. Bird moved approval of the February meeting minutes.† E. Glade seconded.

b.      Discussion: none.

c.       Vote: motion carried.

 

3.      Action Items

a.      Add Katrina Linde-Moriarty to Multi-Part DVD Workgroup

                                                              i.      Motion: E. Norton moved to add Katrina Linde-Moriarty to the Multi-Part DVD Workgroup.† P. Hansen seconded.

                                                            ii.      Discussion: She asked to be added after the deadline. We didnít have anyone from Green County so adding her to the group will be helpful.

                                                          iii.      Vote: motion carried.

b.      Recommend members for Delivery Workflows Workgroup

                                                              i.      Motion: M. Navarre recommended creating the Delivery Workflows Workgroup with the members presented (see handout) and to send this to the AC for final approval.† D. Bird seconded.

                                                            ii.      Discussion: V. Teal Lovely shared that this group is based on volunteers and is not a representative group. All recommendations will be presented to the ILS Committee and then the Administrative Council. We will be reaching out to libraries who have expressed concerns (Green County, Adams County) that were shared at the Delivery Committee. We will be evaluating a sorter for SCLS Delivery to see if there are potential benefits for member libraries. The Delivery Committee will vote on the creation of this workgroup at their meeting tomorrow.†

                                                          iii.      Vote: motion carried.

c.       The Circulation Services Subcommittee recommends creating a 28 day ILL Item Type.

                                                              i.      Motion: This recommendation came from the Circulation Services Subcommittee.

                                                            ii.      Discussion: M. Navarre Saaf reviewed the recommendation.† For OLL in Madison during COVID, they have been checking out materials for 28 days and they think they will continue this post pandemic.† They were using their wildcard Item Type which only charged a default $25.00 replacement charge. Other ILL item types have a default replacement charge of $999.00 to encourage return of those items. CSS members agreed that this would be a useful option for all libraries.†††

                                                          iii.      Vote: motion carried.

4.      Reports

a.      ILS Report

                                                              i.      Discussion: V. Teal Lovely reviewed the April ILS Report.

b.      Circulation Services Subcommittee

                                                              i.      Discussion: M. Navarre Saaf reviewed the February and March meeting minutes.

c.       Collection Maintenance Subcommittee

                                                              i.      Discussion: A. Gannaway reviewed the March meeting minutes.

d.      Discovery Interface Subcommittee

                                                              i.      Discussion: A. Gannaway reviewed the March meeting minutes.

e.      Multi-part DVDs Packaging Workgroup

                                                              i.      Discussion: V. Teal lovely reviewed the March meeting minutes.

 

5.      Items from clusters for initial discussion

a.      None.

 

6.      Discussion

a.      Cataloging Contract

                                                              i.      Discussion: V. Teal Lovely and S. Lee met and they are not proposing any changes (except for updating the dates). Madison Public Library is graciously holding their fees again. We are unsure of the impact the addition of Rio and Marshfield will have to cataloging numbers and we will need to reassess the fees at some point in the future.

b.      Review service priorities for May All Directors

                                                              i.      Discussion: V. Teal Lovely reviewed the service priority discussions at the All Directors meeting in March (https://www.scls.info/sites/www.scls.info/files/meetings/2021-03/ILS.pdf).† What was discussed were mostly add-ons for existing services or for things in progress. For instance, Solus offers the option to customize templates for each library and this will be phase two of the implementation. Some of the ILS service priorities that were mentioned would require development. We will get back to prioritizing development in the future (probably not until fall or later because of RIO and MFD joining the ILS this year).† We can use the August meeting to discuss whatís new and what members have seen from vendors for the ILS 2023 budget. Another suggestion was Self-check reports from Envisionware software. M. Navarre Saaf, H. Cox and H. Oliversen are meeting with Envisionware to get more information about their self-check reporting software. They will also talk to J. Hoesly to see what could be done using Tableau. Several libraries are interested in exploring solutions for holds lockers (REE, MCF, MRO, MAD).† Envisionware has mentioned that they may have a less-expensive solution (than their 24 hour library) but no information has been made public yet. There was a development request that came from implementing curbside during the pandemic. After reviewing these suggested services, V. Teal Lovely doesnít see anything that will impact the ILS budget at this point. H. Cox asked about the federal stimulus IMLS component and how these funds will be distributed.† M. Van Pelt meets with System Directors and that group has compiled a long google doc of stakeholders that DPI will be sorting through as they determine where the money will go. They are currently trying to group and prioritize these.† This money should be used for one time purchases (not ongoing projects) and will go to collaborative projects.† We will have two years to spend the money once itís released.††† †††

c.       Preliminary 2022 ILS budget proposal

                                                              i.      Discussion: V. Teal Lovely reviewed the ILS budget draft document.† Certain categories are stable and she is able to figure out projected costs.† V. Teal Lovely reviewed whatís changing. She mentioned adding Rio and Marshfield to the ILS will increase LibLime costs, but they will be offset by the fees paid to join. Solus will cost more than Library Anywhere, but last year libraries voted to move forward with the increased costs. The Solus increase wasnít added in 2021 budget but you will see it reflected in 2022. †Talking Tech is fairly stable. Staffing is still in question and V. Teal Lovely is not sure of the % increase. OCLC fees still need to be determined for RIO and MFD.† This will be voted on at the next ILS Committee meeting.†

7.      Plan for Next meeting:† June 2, 2021 at 10 am

a.      Action: Approve final 2022 ILS budget proposal

b.      Action: Approve Cataloging Contract

 

8.      Adjournment at 11:23 am

 

For more information about the ILS Committee, contact Vicki Teal Lovely.

SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.

 

ILS Committee/Minutes/04-2021