Library Innovation Subcommittee Agenda
April 14, 2020, 9:00am
Meeting Documents: https://www.scls.info/committees/library-innovation-subcommittee/2020-04-14
To phone in to a meeting: call 866-226-4650, use access code 461-0318-2019.
1. Call to Order
a. Introduction of guests/visitors
b. Changes/Additions to the Agenda. Must adjourn by 10am sharp.
c. Requests to address the Committee
2. Approval of previous meeting minutes: February 18, 2020
3. Action Items
a. Finalize recommendation for SCLS Foundation spending. Previously discussed ideas:
i. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Hiring and Recruitment training with August Ball, $1600/session: Foundation could cover a session in 2020; Jean would carry over some of the CE budget to cover another session in 2021.
ii. Cooking maker kit.
4. Reports (for Committees only): None.
5. Items from clusters for initial discussion (for Committees only): None.
a. Questions for SCLS annual visits have been finalized.
i. What has your library done since our last visit that you’re really excited about?
1. Are there any memorable moments that stand out? (Can you provide photos or video for All Directors or Legislative Day?
2. Was there a program or service that your community responded to (positively or negatively)?
ii. What projects and/or challenges will you be working on in the near future?
1. What can SCLS do to assist you?
iii. Is there anything else you’d like to share or discuss?
b. Serving patrons on languages other than English update: The Collection Maintenance Subcommittee is moving forward with adding Spanish language subject headings in LINKcat. The Discovery Interface Subcommittee voted to add a Spanish language interface to the list of possible (future) development projects.
c. Follow up on 2020 Census Library Outreach. (Mark J)
Information sharing – share a success, learning experience,
or a challenge you are working on.
7. Plan for Next meeting: June 9, 2020.
For more information about the Library Innovation Subcommittee, contact Rose Ziech.
SCLS staff are available to attend cluster meetings to share information and answer questions pertaining to this committee meeting and other departmental projects.
Library Innovation Subcommittee/Agenda/04-2020