SCLS Assistance & Information:
• BadgerNet Converged Network (BCN) Project Site Survey Process (pdf): includes building infrastructure requirements. For more information about BCN, contact the Automation Help Desk at (608) 242-4710.
• Architectural firms with experience in library design
Links & Articles
• Making Cities Stronger: Public Library Contributions to Local Economic Development (pdf) by the Urban Libraries Council
• Designing Libraries: the gateway to better library buildings a website that's a resource for library planning, design & building.
• Library as Place: Rethinking Roles, Rethinking Space from the Council on Library and Information Resources, Washington, D.C.
February 2005 (pdf)
• The USDA Rural Development Grant & Loan information. Funds may be used to construct, enlarge or improve public libraries. This can include costs to acquire land needed for a facility, pay necessary professional fees and purchase equipment required for operation. Funds can also be used to purchase shelving, furniture, computers, audio-visual equipment, distance learning equipment and bookmobiles. Depending on funding availability, USDA Rural Development will provide up to $500,000 in additional Recovery Act dedicated grant funds to each of the State Offices for library projects.