Reporting Bibliovation Problems
Please follow this process when reporting problems (including issues reported by patrons):
- If you think your problem is critical, check to see if it is listed below
- If you don't see it there or it's not critical, check the Known Problems Database
- If you cannot find an entry for your problem, please create a Help Desk ticket by using the online form (preferred method)
- Be sure to provide a detailed description of the problem, and if applicable, include item or patron barcodes
- We welcome phone calls, but using the online form when at all possible helps us manage the tickets on our end
Known Critical Problems in Bibliovation
The following are what are considered critical problems. These will receive priority to resolve as quickly as possible. We are also working to prioritize all reported problems, test them and report them to LibLime. We will add them to the Known Problems page (https://www.scls.info/ils-known-problems) as quickly as possible. Please check here before reporting a problem. If you can't find the problem you have discovered, please report it.
- Hold expiration settings ignoring Closed days in library calendar Sandbox partial fix 1/17/20 ; production upgrade pending
- Checkout History displays current checkouts and last 10 titles only
- Checking out a hold on behalf of another patron (hold authorization) does not clear hold
- Items that are due today are appearing as Overdue Sandbox fix for Discovery Layer view 1/17/20 ; production upgrade pending
- Item Not Checked IN pop-up for Lost items is missing the Refund option Fixed 1/10/20
- Multiple holds for same patron on bib record (book club holds) In testing 1/16/20
- Changing priority of an item in transit or on hold shelf
- Holds Sequence Not Being Followed on Holds Queue Report In testing 1/16/20
- Patrons with large volume of transactions have slow response times
- GetIt Acquisitions: Cannot receive from Invoice Sandbox fix 1/17/20 ; production upgrade pending
- Batch item edit doesn't seem to be working or is very slow
- Hold Slips are Printing nothing if a name is 4 characters or less -- there is a work around Sandbox fix 1/17/20 ; production upgrade pending
- Lost items not adding fines when checked in Sandbox fix 1/17/20 ; production upgrade pending
- Passing an item does not remove it from the holds queue report
- Billing Notices (aka Notice of UnResolved Charges) are empty of item information PARTIAL FIX 1/14/20 - still missing Lost item titles
- *Damaged items are on Holds Queue reports Sandbox fix 1/17/20 ; production upgrade pending
*Not considered critical, but fix included in the current release
LINKcat/Bibliovation Services that are available:
- E-commerce credit card payment 1/10/20
- Bibliovation sandbox is available for library staff. A memo has been sent out in delivery with your library's current password. 1/15/20
LINKcat/Bibliovation Services that are not up yet:
2020-1-14 2:30 pm: The following services are not yet available. We are working to restore them as quickly as possible:
- Please do not run reports from within Bibliovation (other than Holds Awaiting Pickup, Holds Queue)
- Replacement for Crystal Reports
- 1/16/2020 The minutes from the January CMS Meeting are available online.
- 1/9/2020 Two new Collection Codes are available in Bibliovation: BKYFIWL and BKYNFWL. See the LINKcat News blog post for more details.
- 1/3/2020 The monthly LINKcat.info and LINKcat Mobile reports for December are posted.
- 1/3/2020 The monthly Koha reports for December 2019 can be found online. ILS Staff are still working on the messages report. When it is available we will notify libraries by email.
- 12/18/2019 10,748 items and 1,418 bibliographic records (with only withdrawn items attached) were deleted in the monthly batch deletion of withdrawn items.
- 12/3/2019 The LINKcat Launcher Script will be discontinued when we migrate to Bibliovation. See the LINKcat News blog post for more details.
- 12/2/2019 The monthly Koha reports for November 2019 can be found online.
- 12/2/2019 The monthly LINKcat.info and LINKcat Mobile reports for November are posted.