Reporting Bibliovation Problems
Please follow this process when reporting problems (including issues reported by patrons):
- High priority problems are listed below. If you think your problem is high-priority, please check below.
- If you don't see it there or it's not high-priority, check the Known Problems Database.
- If you cannot find an entry for your problem, please create a Help Desk ticket by using the online form (preferred method).
- Be sure to provide a detailed description of the problem, and if applicable, include item or patron barcodes.
- We welcome phone calls, but using the online form when at all possible helps us manage the tickets on our end.
Reporting Bibliovation Response Time Problems
- If you experience intermittent response time problems and short-term slowdowns in Bibliovation, please report this on the Bibliovation Response Time Report Form.
- If Bibliovation is currently unusable, please contact the Help Desk immediately (use the After Hours Support Number during evenings and weekends).
Status of Known High Priority Problems in Bibliovation
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 9pm on 2/10/21 as release 6.02.09. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 9pm on 1/11/21 as release 6.02.07. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 9pm on 12/7/20 as release 6.02.04. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 9 pm on 6/10/20 as release 6.00.27. Details are posted in the Release Notes
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 9 pm on 5/4/20 as release 6.00.23 and 6.00.24. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 10 pm on 3/19/20 as release 6.00.21 and 6.00.22. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 10 pm on 2/24/20 as release 6.00.20. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 10 pm on 1/22/20 as release 6.00.18. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
The following high-priority issues are partially fixed in production:
- Checking out a hold on behalf of another patron (hold authorization) does not clear hold: A patron can check out a hold on behalf of another patron but the hold is re-queued, not filled.
- Changing priority of an item in transit or on hold shelf: As of 9/11/2020 staff can manipulate the Priority of a hold on the hold shelf to change the pickup location. Read the article for details. Items in Transit cannot be re-prioritized.
The following are high-priority issues that are in the queue for an upcoming release as soon as possible:
- Reduced Transportation Holds not working: ILS staff have identified the problem and are completing the specification for the fix.The setting is now set at 120 days to still help libraries fill local holds first.
- Advanced search option "Only items currently available for loan or reference" includes items not available for loan
- Patron data in left sidebar not cleared when using Clear screen button
- Canceled holds on Holds Awaiting Pickup Report
- 2/25/2021 We have scheduled a Circulation User Group for April 1, 2021, from 1 - 2:30 pm via phone/web conference. Register online.
- 2/24/2021 7,123 bibliographic records were newly cataloged and/or updated in the database between 1/28/2021 and 2/23/2021.
- 2/24/2021 20,848 items and 2,096 bibliographic records (with only withdrawn items attached) were deleted in the monthly batch deletion of withdrawn items.
- 2/22/2021 The minutes from the February 9 CSS Meeting are available online.
- 2/10/2021 There will be a Bibliovation point release upgrade Wednesday, February 10 at 9pm. The upgrade contains a couple of Circulation fixes, which are listed in the release notes. See the LINKcat News blog post for more details.
- 2/9/2021 The 2020 statistical summary for the Syndetics Unbound LINKcat enhanced content is posted.
- 2/8/2021 The minutes from the February 3 IC Meeting are available online.
- 2/2/2021 The monthly Bibliovation reports for January 2021 can be found online.
- 2/1/2021 The monthly LINKcat.info and LINKcat Mobile reports for January are posted.