Reporting Bibliovation Problems
Please follow this process when reporting problems (including issues reported by patrons):
- High priority problems are listed below. If you think your problem is high-priority, please check below.
- If you don't see it there or it's not high-priority, check the Known Problems Database.
- If you cannot find an entry for your problem, please create a Help Desk ticket by using the online form (preferred method).
- Be sure to provide a detailed description of the problem, and if applicable, include item or patron barcodes.
- We welcome phone calls, but using the online form when at all possible helps us manage the tickets on our end.
Reporting Bibliovation Response Time Problems
- If you experience intermittent response time problems and short-term slowdowns in Bibliovation, please report this on the Bibliovation Response Time Report Form.
- If Bibliovation is currently unusable, please contact the Help Desk immediately (use the After Hours Support Number during evenings and weekends).
Status of Known High Priority Problems in Bibliovation
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 9pm on 4/22/21 as release 6.02.12. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 9pm on 2/10/21 as release 6.02.09. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 9pm on 1/11/21 as release 6.02.07. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 9pm on 12/7/20 as release 6.02.04. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 9 pm on 6/10/20 as release 6.00.27. Details are posted in the Release Notes
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 9 pm on 5/4/20 as release 6.00.23 and 6.00.24. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 10 pm on 3/19/20 as release 6.00.21 and 6.00.22. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 10 pm on 2/24/20 as release 6.00.20. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 10 pm on 1/22/20 as release 6.00.18. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
The following problems are high-priority issues that are fixed in the sandbox. The production upgrade is pending.
The following are high-priority issues that are in the queue for an upcoming release as soon as possible:
- Hold requests on Holds Queue report blocking walk-in check out on self check unit
- Patron data in left sidebar not cleared when using Clear screen button
- Canceled holds on Holds Awaiting Pickup Report
- Advanced search option "Only items currently available for loan or reference" includes items not available for loan
- In transit holds not counted as "active" holds on Patron Dashboard page
The following high-priority issues are partially fixed in production. Additional fixes are pending:
- Checking out a hold on behalf of another patron (hold authorization) does not clear hold: A patron can check out a hold on behalf of another patron but the hold is re-queued, not filled.
- Changing priority of an item in transit or on hold shelf: As of 9/11/2020 staff can manipulate the Priority of a hold on the hold shelf to change the pickup location. See the Known Problems entry for more details. Items in Transit cannot be re-prioritized.
- 7/27/2021 The minutes from the July 14 CMS Meeting are available online.
- 7/20/2021 On the morning of 7/21/2021 check the status wiki for information on the Bibliovation platform upgrade.
- 7/9/2021 Major Bibliovation platform upgrade on July 21. See LINKcat news for information on updating self checks.
- 7/2/2021 The monthly Bibliovation reports for June 2021 can be found online
- 7/1/2021 The monthly LINKcat.info and LINKcat Mobile reports for June are posted.
- 6/29/2021 Registration is open for the Acquisitions II: Ordering, Invoicing, Receiving, Credit Memos Webinar on August 10, 2021, from 1-3 pm. Register online.
- 6/17/2021 Rio Community Library goes LIVE in LINKcat on Monday, 6/21/2021.
- 6/16/2021 3,304 bibliographic records were newly cataloged and/or updated in the database between 5/27/2021 and 6/15/2021.
- 6/16/2021 11,004 items and 1,213 bibliographic records (with only withdrawn items attached) were deleted in the monthly batch deletion of withdrawn items.
- 6/15/2021 The minutes from the June 2, 2021, IC Meeting and June ILS Report are available online.
- 6/15/2021 The Circulation Overview Webinar was recorded during a live session on 5/17/2021. The webinar has been edited and is posted on the ILS Support / Training / Training listed by Module /Circulation Training and Certification webpage.
- 6/2/2021 The monthly Bibliovation reports for May 2021 can be found online
- 6/2/2021 The following codes were deleted from Bibliovation: Collection Code: PBJNFBI (PICTURE BOOKS JU NFIC BILINGUAL) and Locations: AV1F (AUDIOVISUAL, 1ST FLOOR), GR2F (GREEN READS COLLECTION, 2ND FLOOR). See the minutes from the June ILS Committee meeting.
- 6/1/2021 The monthly LINKcat.info and LINKcat Mobile reports for May are posted.
- 6/1/2021 The new LINKcat Mobile app is now available for both staff and patrons. For more details, see the LINKcat Mobile FAQ for staff. For questions about how to use the app, see LINKcat Help.
- 6/1/2021 Optical scanner required to read digital patron barcodes. See the LINKcat News blog post for information.