Reporting Bibliovation Problems
Please follow this process when reporting problems (including issues reported by patrons):
- If you think your problem is critical, check to see if it is listed below
- If you don't see it there or it's not critical, check the Known Problems Database
- If you cannot find an entry for your problem, please create a Help Desk ticket by using the online form (preferred method)
- Be sure to provide a detailed description of the problem, and if applicable, include item or patron barcodes
- We welcome phone calls, but using the online form when at all possible helps us manage the tickets on our end
Status of Known Critical/High Problems in Bibliovation
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 9 pm on 5/4/20 as release 6.00.23 and 6.00.24. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 10 pm on 3/19/20 as release 6.00.21 and 6.00.22. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 10 pm on 2/24/20 as release 6.00.20. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 10 pm on 1/22/20 as release 6.00.18. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
The following are issues that are in the queue for an upcoming release as soon as possible:
- Wrong receipt templates are being used when printing Circulation slips
- Checking out a hold on behalf of another patron (hold authorization) does not clear hold Partial fix.
- Changing priority of an item in transit or on hold shelf
- Patrons with large volume of transactions have slow response times This has improved, but LibLime is still working on it (1/29/20)
- Batch Item Edit and Delete may be very slow or batch doesn't process Fix applied 5/8/20
- Reduced Transportation Holds not working
- Add Author field to the Title column in the Holds Queue report
- 5/12/2020 An updated Curbside Pickup workflow has been posted to the SCLS COVID-19 Pandemic support for ILS web page and a new on-demand report provided to help libraries fill local holds. Read the blog post here.
- 5/4/2020 Sections of the Linking Manual have been updated and a new BSE template has been added according to recent policy changes. See the LINKcat News blog post for more details.
- 5/1/2020 The monthly Bibliovation reports for April 2020 can be found online.
- 5/1/2020 The monthly LINKcat.info and LINKcat Mobile reports for April are posted.
- 4/28/2020 2,037 bibliographic records were newly cataloged and/or updated in the database between 4/6/20 and 4/27/20.
- 4/28/2020 2,207 bibliographic records with no items attached (that were created before 1/1/20) were deleted from the database.
- 4/28/2020 5,208 items and 540 bibliographic records (with only withdrawn items attached) were deleted in the monthly batch deletion of withdrawn items.
- 4/27/2020 The minutes from the April CSS meeting are available online.
- 4/23/2020 ILS Staff are hosting spring virtual User Groups and registration is now open! Please register online.
- 4/21/2020 A new Collection Code (BKJFICH) and Shelving Location (SPA) are available in Bibliovation. See the LINKcat News blog post for more details.
- 4/15/2020 The minutes from the April IC meeting are available online.
- 4/13/2020 The redirect of the Bibliovation staff URL will expire on May 15, 2020. Please see the LINKcat News blog post for details.
- 4/10/2020 The Levels of Cataloging, Sound Recordings Searching and Matching, and Sound Recordings BSE policies were updated to add audio-enabled books. See the LINKcat News blog post for more details.
- 4/10/2020 The Levels of Cataloging, Videorecordings Searching and Matching, and Videorecordings BSE policies were updated to remove video media players. See the LINKcat News blog post for more details.
- 4/6/2020 The cataloging moratorium has ended and all tasks can be resumed as usual.
- 4/2/2020 The monthly Bibliovation reports for March 2020 can be found online.
- 4/2/2020 The monthly LINKcat.info and LINKcat Mobile reports for March are posted.
- The U.S. Census Bureau has discontinued access to American Fact Finder - the tools many libraries used to determine a PSTAT for patron records. Please read the LINKcat News blog post for a list of optional replacements for finding this information.
- The CSS has provided best practices to help libraries with the creation of WEB Use ONLY patron accounts so they can access digital resources. See the LINKcat News blog post here.