Reporting Bibliovation Problems
Please follow this process when reporting problems (including issues reported by patrons):
- If you think your problem is critical, check to see if it is listed below
- If you don't see it there or it's not critical, check the Known Problems Database
- If you cannot find an entry for your problem, please create a Help Desk ticket by using the online form (preferred method)
- Be sure to provide a detailed description of the problem, and if applicable, include item or patron barcodes
- We welcome phone calls, but using the online form when at all possible helps us manage the tickets on our end
Status of Known Critical/High Problems in Bibliovation
NEW! Bibliovation production upgrade scheduled for 9pm on 12/7/20. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 9 pm on 6/10/20 as release 6.00.27. Details are posted in the Release Notes
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 9 pm on 5/4/20 as release 6.00.23 and 6.00.24. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 10 pm on 3/19/20 as release 6.00.21 and 6.00.22. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 10 pm on 2/24/20 as release 6.00.20. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 10 pm on 1/22/20 as release 6.00.18. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
The following high-priority issues are fixed in the sandbox and will be included in next upgrade on December 7, 2020:
- Add Author field to the Title column in the Holds Queue report
- Add Copy number to the Holds Queue report
- Fast BIB Add default library
- Patrons with large volume of transactions have slow response times: Please note that our testing in the sandbox showed an increase in the response time speed. However, we will not close this ticket with LibLime until this fix is implemented and tested in the Bibliovation production database.
The following high-priority issues are partially fixed in production:
- Checking out a hold on behalf of another patron (hold authorization) does not clear hold: A patron can check out a hold on behalf of another patron but the hold is re-queued, not filled.
- Changing priority of an item in transit or on hold shelf: As of 9/11/2020 staff can manipulate the Priority of a hold on the hold shelf to change the pickup location. Read the article for details. Items in Transit cannot be re-prioritized.
The following are high-priority issues that are in the queue for an upcoming release as soon as possible:
- Reduced Transportation Holds not working: ILS staff have identified the problem and are completing the specification for the fix. Due to COVID, the setting is currently at 365 days so items returned and checked in will fill local holds first as long as their hold placed date is within a year of the first active hold.
- Advanced search option "Only items currently available for loan or reference" includes items not available for loan
- Patron data in left sidebar not cleared when using Clear screen button
- Canceled holds on Holds Awaiting Pickup Report
- 11/25/2020 5,495 bibliographic records were newly cataloged and/or updated in the database between 10/29/2020 and 11/24/2020.
- 11/25/2020 19,168 items and 2,466 bibliographic records (with only withdrawn items attached) were deleted in the monthly batch deletion of withdrawn items.
- 11/25/2020 The minutes from the November 18, 2020, DIS Meeting are available online.
- 11/23/2020 A Bibliovation upgrade is scheduled for Monday, December 7 at 9 pm. See the Release notes for a full list of fixes. See the LINKcat News blog post for some additional highlights.
- 11/20/2020 The minutes from the November 10, 2020, CSS Meeting are available online.
- 11/18/2020 The minutes from the November 11, 2020, CMS Meeting are available online.
- 11/2/2020 The monthly Bibliovation reports for October 2020 can be found online.
- 11/2/2020 The monthly LINKcat.info and LINKcat Mobile reports for October are posted.
- 10/30/2020 The Serials Clones Records for 2021 are complete. You can find the Serials Clones 2021 memo online.
- 10/21/2020 616 bibliographic records with no items attached (that were created before 7/1/20) were deleted from the database.
- 10/21/2020 8,781 items and 1,035 bibliographic records (with only withdrawn items attached) were deleted in the monthly batch deletion of withdrawn items.
- 10/16/2020 Updates have been made to a policy and the linking manual to reflect Criterion Collection videorecordings being on separate records. See the LINKcat News blog post.
- 10/15/2020 The minutes from the October 7, 2020, IC Meeting and October ILS Report are available online.
- 10/14/2020 See the LINKcat News blog post for information about the moratorium on changes to existing bibliographic records, which starts Friday, October 23.
- 10/1/2020 The monthly LINKcat.info and LINKcat Mobile reports for September are posted.
- 10/1/2020 The monthly Bibliovation reports for September 2020 can be found online.