Reporting Bibliovation Problems
Please follow this process when reporting problems (including issues reported by patrons):
- If you think your problem is critical, check to see if it is listed below
- If you don't see it there or it's not critical, check the Known Problems Database
- If you cannot find an entry for your problem, please create a Help Desk ticket by using the online form (preferred method)
- Be sure to provide a detailed description of the problem, and if applicable, include item or patron barcodes
- We welcome phone calls, but using the online form when at all possible helps us manage the tickets on our end
Status of Known Critical/High Problems in Bibliovation
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 10 pm on 3/19/20 as release 6.00.21 and 6.00.22. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 10 pm on 2/24/20 as release 6.00.20. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 10 pm on 1/22/20 as release 6.00.18. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
The following items have been fixed in production as part of release 6.00.21 and 6.00.22:
- Items that are due today are appearing as Overdue in staff
- Owning library's items not listed first on bib details when using custom URL
- Patron's Lists disappear from screen when new List is created with no name
The following are issues that are in the queue for an upcoming release as soon as possible:
- Wrong receipt templates are being used when printing Circulation slips
- Checking out a hold on behalf of another patron (hold authorization) does not clear hold Partial fix.
- Changing priority of an item in transit or on hold shelf
- Patrons with large volume of transactions have slow response times This has improved, but LibLime is still working on it (1/29/20)
- Batch Item Edit and Delete may be very slow or batch doesn't process
- Reduced Transportation Holds not working
- Add Author field to the Title column in the Holds Queue report
- The CSS has provided best practices to help libraries with the creation of WEB Use ONLY patron accounts so they can access digital resources. See the LINKcat News blog post here.
- 3/24/2020 17,390 items and 2,126 bibliographic records (with only withdrawn items attached) were deleted in the monthly batch deletion of withdrawn items.
- 3/23/2020 See the LINKcat News blog post for information about the moratorium on changes to existing bibliographic records, which starts Monday, March 30.
- 3/20/2020 A Bibliovation point release (6.00.21 and 6.00.22) was added to production last night. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
- 3/6/2020 Creating Fast BIB Adds in Bibliovation - known BUG. The blog post at LINKcat News provides a work-around.
- 3/5/2020 Draft of the Bibliovation Procedure for Damaged or Defective items received to fill holds.
- 3/2/2020 The monthly Koha reports for February 2020 can be found online.
- 3/2/2020 The monthly LINKcat.info and LINKcat Mobile reports for February are posted.
- 2/28/2020 Screen shots of the Bibliovation Circulation Issuing Rules are linked on the ILS Support/Codes/Circulation Issuing Rules webpage. If you see any errors for your rules please report the error via Help Desk ticket. If you want to submit changes, use the Circulation Issuing Rules change form.
- 2/25/2020 ILS Staff are trying to get a better idea of what libraries have for training spaces to help us plan future training sessions. Please fill out the online survey for your library by March 13, 2020.
- 2/25/2020 A Bibliovation point release (6.00.20) was added to production last night. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
- 2/25/2020 4,977 bibliographic records were newly cataloged and/or updated in the database between 1/29/20 and 2/24/20.
- 2/25/2020 17,936 items and 1,710 bibliographic records (with only withdrawn items attached) were deleted in the monthly batch deletion of withdrawn items.
- 2/21/2020 The minutes from the February CSS meeting are available online.
- 2/19/2020 The minutes from the February ILS Committee meeting are available online.
- 2/18/2020 Replacement for Crystal reports for on-demand reports is available. Read about it here.
- 2/4/2020 The monthly Koha reports for January 2020 can be found online.
- 2/3/2020 The monthly LINKcat.info and LINKcat Mobile reports for January are posted.