Reporting Bibliovation Problems
Please follow this process when reporting problems (including issues reported by patrons):
- If you think your problem is critical, check to see if it is listed below
- If you don't see it there or it's not critical, check the Known Problems Database
- If you cannot find an entry for your problem, please create a Help Desk ticket by using the online form (preferred method)
- Be sure to provide a detailed description of the problem, and if applicable, include item or patron barcodes
- We welcome phone calls, but using the online form when at all possible helps us manage the tickets on our end
Status of Known Critical/High Problems in Bibliovation
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 9 pm on 6/10/20 as release 6.00.27. Details are posted in the Release Notes
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 9 pm on 5/4/20 as release 6.00.23 and 6.00.24. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 10 pm on 3/19/20 as release 6.00.21 and 6.00.22. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 10 pm on 2/24/20 as release 6.00.20. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
A fix was posted to Bibliovation at 10 pm on 1/22/20 as release 6.00.18. Details are posted in the Release Notes.
The following are issues that are in the queue for an upcoming release as soon as possible:
- Checking out a hold on behalf of another patron (hold authorization) does not clear hold Partial fix. A patron can check out a hold on behalf of another patron but the hold is re-queued, not filled.
- Changing priority of an item in transit or on hold shelf: ILS staff are finalizing a comprehensive specification for this work.
- Patrons with large volume of transactions have slow response times : ILS Staff has been working with LibLime and library staff to identify the specific issues causing these types of response time problems. The problem is not with the patron history but with the number of checkouts to the patron. As more items are checked out to a record, the slower the response becomes for subsequent checkouts. LibLime has provided a fix in the 6.2 version that should help with this problem. As soon as the upgrade to the sandbox is complete ILS staff and some library staff will test the fix. UPDATE: testing in the sandbox displayed an increase in the response time speed. We will not close this ticket until this fix is implemented and testied in the Bibliovation production database.
- Reduced Transportation Holds not working : ILS staff have identified the problem and are completing the speficiation for the fix. The setting is currently at 365 days so items returned and checked in will fill local holds first as long as their hold placed date is within a year of the first active hold.
- Add Author field to the Title column in the Holds Queue report: see below.
- Add Copy number to the Holds Queue report (bundled with "Add Author field" development). The Author and Copy number fields have been added to the Holds queue report in the 6.2 version. Tested and confirmed that these fields have been added to the HQ report in the 6.2 Sandbox..
- Advanced search option "Only items currently available for loan or reference" includes items not available for loan
- Fast BIB Add default library
- Patron data in left sidebar not cleared when using Clear screen button
- Canceled holds on Holds Awaiting Pickup Report
- 9/3/2020 The monthly LINKcat.info and LINKcat Mobile reports for Aujgust are posted.
- 9/1/2020 The monthly Bibliovation reports for August 2020 can be found online.
- 8/28/2020 One more round of patron record expiration extensions. We have sent out the information and a survey link an email to all LINKcat directors and CIRc staff and in LINKcat News blog post. Please, only submit one response per library.
- 8/28/2020 The minutes from the August 11 CSS Meeting are available online.
- 8/26/2020 4,313 bibliographic records were newly cataloged and/or updated in the database between 7/30/20 and 8/25/20.
- 8/26/2020 7,515 items and 633 bibliographic records (with only withdrawn items attached) were deleted in the monthly batch deletion of withdrawn items.
- 8/21/2020 The minutes and ILS Report from the August IC Meeting are available online.
- 8/19/2020 We have resumed running the Long In Transit report. We have provided details about the resumption of this report in an email to link-announce and in a LINKcat News blog post. Please read one of these information sources for more information.
- 8/17/2020 The following collection code was deleted from Bibliovation: GGML (Go Green, Main Level). See the minutes from the August ILS Committee meeting.
- 8/3/2020 The monthly Bibliovation reports for July 2020 can be found online.
- 8/3/2020 The monthly LINKcat.info and LINKcat Mobile reports for July are posted.