Representatives must understand that they are representing a group of libraries. Communicating information and soliciting feedback are critical job responsibilities of the representatives. If consensus on an individual issue cannot be reached as a cluster, the representative should share both the minority and majority opinions at the appropriate committee meeting. Specifically, representatives will be expected to:
- Attend all meetings in person, via phone, or via videoconferencing. The meeting frequency for
the committees are:
- Administrative Council: 3rd Thursday per month plus occasional special meetings.
- Delivery Committee: 2nd Thursday of even numbered months beginning in February; additional meetings may be called occasionally.
- ILS Committee: 1st Wednesday every other month, beginning in February; additional meetings may be called occasionally.
- Technology Committee: 1st Wednesday every other month beginning in February; additional meetings may be called occasionally.
- If unable to attend, see Cluster Proxy Representative Procedure
- Discuss an appropriate meeting schedule with constituents. Quarterly in-person meetings are recommended as a best practice.
- Read all materials in preparation of the meeting.
- Provide constituents with updates from previous meetings, information about upcoming meetings, and share other materials from meetings in a timely way.
- Gather and share feedback from constituents on any issues/concerns/decisions.
- With assistance from SCLS, create a method to communicate with constituents in order to share
information and receive feedback.
For more information, contact: