The member libraries are responsible for:
- Searching LINKcat to locate requested items and placing holds for any items available through the shared database.
- Searching title and author requests not found in LINKcat in any source available to verify the citation. Examples include: Books in Print, Forthcoming Books in Print, Books in Print Plus, Amazon, WorldCat, etc.
- For subject requests, providing as much detail as possible about what the patron wants/needs and what sources the library staff has checked.
- Searching periodical requests using LINKcat and the electronic databases. Articles available in these databases in full text should not be requested unless a patron must have accompanying graphics or illustrations that aren't available in the online version.
- Supplying all categories of information required on ILL requests and placing ILL requests directly on OCLC WorldCat. Requests without sufficient information will not be filled.
- Filling or referring all requests within 2 (two) working days of their receipt, under normal staffing conditions.
- Checking the status of requested materials, notifying patrons of requests that cannot be filled, and requesting renewals as appropriate.
- Returning all borrowed materials to the lending library by or before the due date.
- Reimbursing the lending library for the cost of any lost material and any additional processing charges. If material is not returned within six months, it will be considered lost.
- Monitoring their library's LINKcat record. Notifying Madison Public Library Circulation Department (or the owning LINK library) of problem items (items which are damaged or have parts missing when received, items thought to have been returned, etc.) (Note: This applies primarily to libraries which are not LINK libraries.)
- Submitting monthly ILL statistics reports to the SCLS Administrative Assistant by the 10th of the month following the month for which data is being reported. (nonLINK libraries only.)
The designated system resource library is responsible for:
- Referring verified requests that cannot be filled within the SCLS area to owning libraries as appropriate following established ILL protocols.
- Searching OCLC for unverified requests; referring those that can be verified to owning libraries as appropriate; unverified requests and requests for items too recently published to borrow are returned to local libraries.
- Filling, reserving, or referring requests from system member libraries, and from state-level and system clearinghouses within 5 working days of their receipt, under normal staffing conditions.
The Public Library Advisory Committee has or may designate to the Interlibrary Loan Subcommittee, the authority to revise, monitor, evaluate, and inform member libraries on, the state of interlibrary loan service.
These responsibilities shall be in effect from March 1999, and as revised from September 2004.