SCLS has a collection of story kits and program materials. The story kits typically include puppets, flannel board pieces, story props and scripts, and books related to a central theme. There are other non-story kits such as puppets, a set of ocean science materials, chess clocks, and a parachute with cds to play during programs. A small Ellison die cutter, a Sizzix cutting machine, and a button maker are also available from SCLS Delivery.
Story kits are available for member library staff. They are not to be loaned to individual patrons or groups.
To reserve materials, send an e-mail to delivery staff with your request; in order to provide you with the best service, please contact delivery staff as early as possible with your request. Please contact Shawn Brommer with any questions regarding the Story Kits and Program Materials.
BUBBLES AND BATHS
1. Bubble Machine/instructions, packed in bubble wrap (FRAGILE)
2. Water Wheel (Gowi, Reg Design A-8055)
3. Miscellaneous bubble supplies: fountain connection/instructions; bubble mix/soap; recipe for bubbles; bubble wands (PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD/SHARE)
4. Books: The Bubble Factory by Tomie dePaola (Grosset & Dunlap, 1996); The Unbelievable Bubble Book by Jon Cassidy with David Stein (Klutz, 1987); Soap! Soap! Dont Forget the Soap by Tom Birdseye (Holiday House, 1993); King Bidgood's in the Bathtub by Audrey and Don Wood (Harcourt, 1985)
5. Folder of finger plays, songs: "Rub-a-Dub-Dub" by Annalisa Suid (Monday Morning, 1996)
6. Other:Bathtime Magic cassette by Joanie Bartels (BMG Music); Splish Splash Bath Time Fun cassette by Ed Mitchell and Christopher Cerf (Children's Television Network, 1995);SUDS card game (Gamewright, 1997)
WARNING: The bubble maker is messy!! If on carpeting or another surface you don't want wet, place towels or a tarp beneath it before turning it on.
BUTTON MAKER - you will need 2 1/4 inch button-making supplies, which can be ordered from Badge-a-Minit or may be available from local retailers.
1. Electric fire pit (Amazon)
2. Sequoia Tree Wildlife fingerpuppet set: tree,squirrel, blue jay, owl, rabbit, bear and fox. (Folkmanis)
3. Tent fingerpuppet set: tent, bear, raccoon (Amazon)
4. Moose puppet (Amazon)
5. Books: Camping Day by Patricia Lakin (Dial, 2009) , Duck Tents by Hiroe Nakata (Henry Holt, 2009), Maisy Goes Camping by Lucy Cousins (Candlewick, 2004), Toasting Marshmallows: Camping Poems, by Kristine O'Connell George (Clarion, 2001).
1. 550 Duplo bricks (no need to count these out!)
2. 3 large gray base plates
3. 6 medium green base plates
4. 2 medium blue base plates
5. 5 large Ziploc storage bags - please put all Duplos back in these bags before packing them in the SCLS Delivery bin.
1. 720 Flexiblock bricks (no need to count these out!)
2. 2 clear storage containers - please put all Flexiblocks back in these containers before packing them in the SCLS Delivery bin.
1. 4050 Lego bricks (no need to count these out!)
2. 10 small green base plates
3. 6 medium-sized green base plates
4. 3 medium-sized blue base plates
5. 3 blue Lego storage containers - please put all Legos back in these containers before packing them in the SCLS Delivery bin.
PAPER MAKING KIT
1. blue program folder
a. papermaking instructions (paper bowl)
b. papermaking booklist
c. kit contents list
b. blender jar
3. 7 small strainers
4. 1 white stirring spoon
5. 1 red wash tub
6. 1 blue wash tub
7. ice cream buckets
8. small sponges
9. plastic bowl molds
10. paper bowl samples
11. plastic/garbage bags, to use as tarps
12. shredded paper samples: please add your leftovers for others to use
SIZZIX SUPERSTAR MACHINE