Handouts and planning sheets for early literacy library programs
This section includes reproducible handouts to distribute at library programs and planning documents that help library staff address early literacy skills in programs for infants, toddlers and preschoolers.
- Storytime planning sheets for babies , toddlers, and 3 - 6 year-olds. (PDF)
- Literacy hints of the day to share with parents.
- Handouts for parents from the Early Literacy Initiative for WI Libraries
Background information and resources for librarians
This section includes links to resources that help library staff plan developmentally appropriate programs for infants, toddlers and their caregivers.
- Every Child Ready to Read (ALSC)
- University of Wisconsin - Extension Family Living Programs
- First Steps - School Library Journal articles
Suggested books and program resources
This section includes links to resources that identify appropriate books for infant and toddler library programs.
- Beginning with Books (CCBC)
- Jane Marino's bibliography (9/9/05 presentation)
- Books to Grow On (ALSC)
Parenting Counts Resources (PBS Program)
- Talaris includes all Parenting Counts video clips!
- Launching into Literacy and Math (MMSD program)
- CAEFEL - Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning
- Zero to Three
- October 10, 2011 SCLS Board Presentation (PPT)
For more information, contact: