SCLS maintains the Professional Collection, a small current collection of books and other material in general and specialized areas of librarianship for use by staff and member libraries.
The following criteria are considered in selecting material for the collection:
- Emphasis is on current material. In most cases, only the most recent titles on a topic will be held.
- Generally, emphasis is on material from a library, rather than a general, point of view.
- Since the collection is meant to supplement collections of member libraries, emphasis is on materials not widely held by member libraries.
- Recommendations from System staff, and member library staff, are encouraged.
- Generally, emphasis is on titles related to public libraries, rather than other types of libraries.
Professional Collection holdings are included in LINKcat. Member libraries are encouraged to recommend titles for this collection.