- Libraries must use a standard cabling type to insure operability with common SCLS network equipment.
- A minimum of Category 6 (CAT6) is required.
- Data cables must terminate at each end in a female data jack, pinned straight through according to the AT&T (568B) standard pinning scheme.
- Jacks must be mounted in wall plates, floor plates, or patch panels.
- Each network jack must have a unique ID and the patch panel terminus must have the corresponding jack ID.
- Libraries are encouraged to install a 19” network equipment rack with a CAT6 patch panel (depending on network cabling compatibility) at their central wiring closet or server room. Every effort should be made to have a 4’ clearance in all directions of the network rack