PC and Peripheral Support
- SCLS will attempt a base install of any third party ILS client software but cannot configure, manage, or provide technical support for such clients
- SCLS will install appropriate printer drivers needed for various printers but will not be able to support further customization
- SCLS cannot support peripheral equipment associated with the third-party ILS such as RFID or barcode readers
- Libraries that need to configure software related to a third-party ILS can participate in the SLCS Partnership Program
- SCLS will not support any aspect of an ILS server including
- Hardware support
- OS configuration
- Licensing of and Operating Systems, database services, or other software need to support the ILS
- Backup services for data housed on either the ILS server or client PCs
- Database management or tuning
- Connectivity to additional services such as e-commerce, enhanced cataloging records, discovery layer
- Web server configuration or troubleshooting
- (This includes PCs that are not technically “server-grade” hardware or are not running server-level operating systems)
- If the ILS server requires Internet connectivity, SCLS can act as ISP only. Any PCs that require a direct connection to the ILS server must also be ISP only and will not be supported by SCLS.
- Self checks, RFID stations, security gates, and/or Automated Materials Handling equipment not directly associated with the SCLS-supported ILS service will not be supported by SCLS.
- SCLS will provide full network support for SCLS-supported PCs
- ILS servers, clients, and other networked devices associated with third-party ILSs will receive basic network connectivity troubleshooting.